Fender American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The late '50s to the early '60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass®, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass®. By 1960, the design of the P-bass had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Telecaster® - now the P-bass had a Strat®-style headstock shape, comfort-contours, pickguard mounted electronics and 4-saddle bridge. Adorned in 3-Color Sunburst and topped with a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, the 1960 Precision Bass represented a more refined, enduring aesthetic for the model.
Featuring a premium alder body, Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial "C" shape hard rock maple neck mated with a 7.25" radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Alder Body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision® Pickups
- “C”-Shaped Neck Profile
- Slab Rosewood Fingerboard
- Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Tuners
GLOSS NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer, as used on ‘50s and ‘60’s Fender instruments, is a premium finish that reveals the instrument’s true tonal character.
Alder has a well-balanced tone with beefy mids and a robust low-end.
7.25” RADIUS SLAB-ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
The 7.25”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument, while vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
1960 “C”-SHAPE NECK
In vintage years, the shape and thickness of Fender guitar necks varied tremendously. The American Vintage II Series offers a variety of authentic neck profiles from Fender’s past.
PURE VINTAGE '60 SPLIT-COIL PRECISION BASS® PICKUPS
Specially voiced to reproduce the authentic sound and performance of individual model years, Pure Vintage pickups are constructed just like pickups from Fender’s golden years. Materials include cloth-covered wire, fiber bobbins and alnico magnets.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of American Vintage II hardware is manufactured to look, sound and function just like it did on the originals. Much of the American Vintage II hardware is still manufactured on the original ‘50s and ‘60s era Fender factory machines.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1960 "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Side Dots: Vintage Clay
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finis: mNickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Brown (Orange Interior)
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.