Fender American Professional II Jazz Bass Fretless, Rosewood Fingerboard, Dark Night
There's a reason the Jazz Bass is one of the most popular candidates for a fretless configuration ever made. Whether you're chasing that Jaco Pastorius bark or going for a big round juicy "mwah" sound by favoring the neck pickup, this is going to get it done for you in spades. This gorgeous American Professional II Fretless delivers!
With unbeatable feel, superb tone and flawless playability, the American Pro II Jazz Bass always delivers top shelf performance. The new V-Mod II pickups pump out a slightly higher output for better definition and clarity in the low-mids. This fretless model provides a unique feel, distinct tone and interesting melodic possibilities. Say good by to speed-bumps (aka frets) and slide your way into the groove. The factory setup on this J Bass is phenomenal and we've gone over it to double check. There's no buzzing anywhere, the neck is straight, the action is low and the intonation is right on the money. This is perfect for the bass player who's looking to go fretless and doesn't want to sacrifice on tone or feel.
The American Professional II Jazz Bass® Fretless draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Slim “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and clarity the Jazz Bass is known for.
The American Pro II Jazz Bass Fretless delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: American Professional II Jazz Bass® Fretless, Rosewood Fingerboard, Dark Night
- Model #: 194000761
- Series: American Professional II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Dark Night
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Fretless
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Line Fret Markers
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges), PN 0739050403
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 9 lbs
- Serial #: US23045780
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Professional II Jazz Bass Fretless is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.