Fender American Professional II 5-String Jazz Bass V, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
There's a reason the Jazz Bass is one of the most popular basses ever made. Whether you're playing some funky slap licks, rockin' out with a pick, or anything in between - this Jazz bass pumps out impressive tone combined with expert craftsmanship.
With unbeatable feel, superb tone and flawless playability, the American Pro II Jazz Bass V always delivers top shelf performance. The new V-Mod II pickups pump out a slightly higher output for better definition and clarity in the low-mids. You get that classic Jazz bass growl and can easily still dial in vintage tones while maintaining the capacity to get a little more modern than the American Standards of old. The new narrow-tall frets feel great under your fretting hand and allows you to get really expressive with bends, double-stops, and even chords, which always staying comfortable for single-note grooves. The B-string is tight and punchy so you don't have to worry about the dreaded B-wobble.
A classic design with a slightly modern take makes this a solid addition to Fender's line of basses. The American Professional II line is reliable, sounds killer, and plays awesome.
The American Professional II Jazz Bass® V draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Slim “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazz Bass V single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and clarity the Jazz Bass is known for.
The American Pro II Jazz Bass V delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Jazz Bass V pickups
- Slim “C”-shaped neck profile with rolled fingerboard edges
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 5-String High Mass Vintage (HMV), (Strings-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250-5M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.125 Gauges), PN 0737250456
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs
- Serial #: US23078802
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Professional II Jazz Bass V is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.