Fender Custom Shop Ltd '61 Stratocaster Relic, Shoreline Gold over 3-Tone Sunburst
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this beautiful Fender Custom Shop Strat sporting a killer shoreline gold over 3-tone sunburst finish and a tasteful heavy relic job that looks authentically vintage and yet unique.
Made by the very best luthiers that Fender has to offer, any piece coming out of their Custom Shop has high expectations. We were particularly struck by this one. It looks awesome; the relic job is heavy, but thoughtful. The colors are certainly vintage and traditional, but also have a way of standing out from all those other starts out there. But for as cool as these guitars look, they're really meant to be played, and that's when you really unlock the true beauty of these Fender Custom Shop masterpieces. The guitar plays like a dream! The fretwork is precise and the action is low. The neck feels smooth and absolutely incredible to slide up and down on. From top to bottom, it's clear that a lot of attention and care went into the making of this guitar, even with the parts where they had to beat it up.
As for the tone, well, it's a tried and true '60's strat sound that you remember on all those records from back in the day. It's got hand-wired Fat 60's pickups in there which will have a touch more oomph to them, but still sound 100% true to what an early 60's strat should be sounding like. While still having plenty of brightness and all of that airy vocal-like quality that makes a strat tone so beautiful, there's also a little more body to the notes. The neck pickup is warm, rich, and creamy. The middle has lots of twang to it but still maintains some girth to the notes. The bridge is twangy and trebly and will slice right through anything you put in front of it but can even handle some distortion thanks to the slightly fatter tone. It sounds absolutely awesome and perfectly balances out the bright top end of the guitar with a solid low end to go with it.
When fabulous construction meets hand-wound pickups and amazing electronics, you're going to end up with a pretty fantastic guitar. This is a collector and a player's strat.
- Model Name: Custom Shop Limited '61 Heavy Relic Stratocaster
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Shoreline Gold over 3-Tone Sunburst
- Body: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Neck Material: Roasted Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Light Tint
- Neck Shape: 60 Style Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: 6105 Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Depth @ 1st Fret: .790
- Neck Depth @ 12th Fret: .930
- Position Inlays: Clay Dots
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60's Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60's Middle RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '60 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Custom Shop Tweed Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Serial #: CZ551183
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop Ltd 61 Heavy Relic Strat is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.