Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Left-Hand Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Fiesta Red
Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early ‘90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar® and Mustang® remain the most iconic due to their use on the “Nevermind” tour and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal record “Nevermind,” this limited-edition Jag-Stang Left-Hand comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt’s ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24” short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that won’t fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurt’s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
- Alder body
- Maple neck with 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard
- 24” scale length
- Vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups
- On-off/in-phase/out-of-phase slider switches for each pickup
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jag-Stang
- Bridge Pickup: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Case/Gig Bag: Included: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Color: Fiesta Red
- Configuration: HS
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Pickup: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Orientation: Left-Hand
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Subtype: Electric Guitars
- Switching: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Type: Electric Guitars
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.