EVH Wolfgang WG Standard Exotic Poplar Burl Guitar, Baked Maple Fretboard, Natural
Boasting the style and massive sound Eddie Van Halen is known for, the Wolfgang® WG Standard Exotic features all-new exotic wood options for players with distinguished taste.
The Wolfgang WG Standard Exotic Poplar Burl offers a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive natural body binding and a distinctive poplar burl top. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods holds strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, this stylish axe also features an oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH® Wolfgang® humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. Two black knurled control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the instrument in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Decked out for playing performance and comfort, the Wolfgang WG Standard Exotic Poplar Burl is available in a Natural finish with black headstock and black chrome hardware.
Features Basswood Body with Poplar Burl Top and Natural Body Binding
The ultra-light and comfortable basswood body produces muscly midrange tones. Aside from its eccentric appearance, the poplar burl top offers a meaty, resonant tone that is quite similar to alder. The natural body binding also gives this Wolfgang WG Standard Exotic model a regal aesthetic destined for center stage.
Baked Maple Neck and Fingerboard
The baked maple neck and baked maple fingerboard offer increased stability, crystal clear, bright tones and exquisite style with its warmer hue and beautiful grain definition. Roasting the neck and fingerboard removes moisture from the wood, making it more resistant to humidity shifts and warping.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking Pickups
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Spoke Wheel
Humidity and temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on a guitar’s neck. With the truss rod adjustment wheel placed at the heel of the neck, you (or your guitar tech) can quickly insert a 1.5 mm Allen wrench between the strings for seamless neck relief tweaks on the fly.
EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Special Locking Trem & R2 Locking Nut
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, zinc alloy saddles and a zinc alloy sustain block. The double-locking design allows you to lock your guitar in tune at the R2 (41.8 mm) nut and at the bridge, resulting in excellent tuning stability and sustain throughout your most aggressive pull-ups and dive bombs.
- Model Number: 5107003512
- Series: Wolfgang® Standard
- Color: Natural
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Binding: Masked Off Natural Body Binding
- Body Top: Poplar Burl
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Baked Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .790" at 3rd fret & .880" at 12th fret
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Baked Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black Chrome
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for EVH. This Wolfgang WG is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.