EVH 5150 Iconic Series 80-Watt Guitar Amp Head w/ 6L6 Power Tubes, Ivory
The EVH® 5150® Iconic® Series satisfies the needs of gigging and recording guitarists craving that pure and powerful EVH tube tone, but at a more affordable price. Evolving from the revered EVH 5150III® amplifiers, the Iconic Series delivers the searing sound and growling gain that Eddie Van Halen made famous throughout his groundbreaking career.
Designed by renowned amp engineer, James Brown, the 5150® Iconic® Series 80W Head is powered by four JJ 6L6 power tubes and voiced with two JJ ECC83S preamp tubes, providing all the firepower the modern guitarist needs.
This head features two channels with an extra voicing on each for even more versatility. The Green channel boasts an overdrive button to run from lush clean tones to increased gain, while the Red channel’s burn button adds fiery crunch that’s ideal for blistering leads.
Each channel houses its own gain and volume controls, allowing for level-matching the volume when switching between the clean and high gain channels. The channel two noise gate’s quick attack suppresses any hiss while ensuring all staccato riffing is articulate and crisp, not choked and choppy. The Boost control allows you to add another 10Db of foot-switchable volume to your tone — perfect for ensuring your solos cut through the mix. The control panel also includes shared EQ (Low, Mid and High), global resonance and presence knobs to adjust the low- and high-end aspects of your tone, and a global reverb control to add the perfect amount of bounce and decay for any room.
Other features include a two-button footswitch, effects loop, dual parallel speaker output jacks, ¼ power switch to reduce wattage—allowing you to crank the amp and still preserve tone but without destroying your neighbor's solitude, and a speaker-emulated DI XLR with power amp mute for accurate all-tube EVH tone for recording direct or using through any PA system.
Sporting sophisticated and distinctive EVH style, the 5150 Iconic Series 80-watt head is wrapped in either Black or Ivory textured vinyl with a brushed aluminum front panel and black steel grille featuring silver and black 5150 and EVH logo badges. This head is finished off with vintage-style chicken-head knobs, red LED jewel indicator and molded black plastic top handle. A high-quality fitted cover is available as an EVH Accessory.
- 80-watt head
- Two channels: Green and Red; Green channel has overdrive button to go from clean to increased gain, while the Red channel has a burn button to go from lead to burn
- Dual Gain, Noise Gate (Ch 2), Shared Low, Mid, High EQ, Dual Volume, Shared Boost and Global Reverb, Resonance and Presence controls
- ¼ Power Level switch, standby switch and power switch located on front panel; ground lift located on rear panel
- Selectable impedance (4, 8 or 16 ohms)
- Two JJ ECC83S preamp tubes and four JJ 6L6 power tubes
- Dual parallel speaker output jacks
- Effects loop
- XLR DI out with speaker simulation
- Five-foot speaker cable included
- Two-button footswitch included
- Available in Black or Ivory with black steel grille featuring 5150® and EVH® logo badges and a brushed aluminum front panel
- Optional high-quality fitted cover is available
- Color: Ivory
- Series: EVH® 5150® Iconic Heads
- Dimensions: 10.5" (26.7 cm) x 27" (68.6 cm) x 11.6" (29.4 cm)
- Control Knobs: Black Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Controls: Channel 1: Gain w/ Overdrive Switch; Channel 2 Gain w/ Burn Switch; Noise Gate Channel 2: Low, Mid, High EQ; Channel 1/ Channel 2 Volume, Master Boost, Global Reverb, Resonance, and Presence