EVH 5150III 50W 6L6 2x12 Guitar Amp Combo, Ivory w/ Celestion EVH G12H Speakers
Brimming with brawny tone, the EVH® 5150III® 50W 6L6 212 Combo is arena-sized sound in a Celestion® powered compact package for more convenient transport.
Redesigned with versatile, all-new independent dual- concentric controls that allow for gain and volume level matching, this 50-watt tube combo amp boasts three channels for any playing style— crisp cleans, raw crunch or searing leads.
Delivering a full-spectrum of tone, channel one features pristine cleans, channel two kicks in with overdrive and heavy gain similar to the EVH 5150III 100S, while channel three oozes with liquid distortion. Channels one and two each have dual concentric gain/volume controls, with shared EQ (low, mid, high). Channel three has its own gain, volume and EQ (low, mid, high) controls. All three channels also have global presence, resonance and reverb controls.
Loaded with dual 12” custom special designed EVH Celestion speakers to enhance and refine both your sound and your style, this combo amp also has seven JJ ECC83 (12AX7) preamp tubes, two JJ 6L6 power tubes and front-panel adjustable power output from 50 watts down to one watt.
Other features include a single input, rear-panel selectable output impedance (4, 8 or 16 ohms) with a pair of parallel speaker outputs, rear-panel MIDI input and preamp output, rear-panel effects loop and headphone jack (mutes power amp), and a four-button footswitch that controls all three channels and reverb for easy onstage switching.
The cabinet is constructed out of birch with special internal baffling for tight and increased bass response. Wrapped in stylish Black or Ivory vinyl, the EVH 5150III 50W 6L6 212 Combo is finished off with vintage-style chicken-knobs, red LED jewel indicator, molded black plastic top handle and pop-out casters.
A high-quality fitted cover is available as an EVH Accessory.
FULL SPECTRUM OF TONE
The 5150III 50W 6L6 2x12 Combo represents a culmination of Eddie’s career-long chase for the holy grail of tone. Finally, a modern throwback combo amp that can handle everything you throw at it, and more.
Three channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead) combine to deliver a full spectrum of tone that can deliver across any genre. Channel one sings with a bold yet clean sparkling tone, still with enough gain for creamy vintage leads. Channel two hits hard with super heavy crunch and blues overdrive, while channel three delivers full-out distortion and aggressive modern liquid gain for blazing leads.
Tone for days is yours for the taking with a comprehensive control layout. Dual concentric controls allow you to independently dial-in volume and gain for Ch. 1 and 2 for level matching. Ch. 3 has its own gain, low, mid, high and volume dials. A global presence knob on the front panel creates full control over ultra-high frequencies, while the rear global resonance knob adjusts the power amp’s low frequency response.
ARENA-SIZED SOUND IN A COMPACT PACKAGE
This combo amp wallops with beefy, high-gain attitude courtesy of seven JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes. Two mighty JJ 6L6 matched power tubes generate wide open, sparkling articulate highs with a controlled bass response heard in Eddie’s unmatched rhythm playing. A pair of 12” Celestion EVH G12H 30W Anniversary Series speaker emit Eddie’s renowned signature sound that can be heard on all classic Van Halen albums.
Activate Reverb on any channel for lush and ambient soundscapes with notes that continue to blossom and decay.
BEHIND THE SCENES
This amp also features a MIDI rear panel input, which allows you to directly connect a digital effects interface and sync your tone to your favorite patch for even more tonal variance, headphone jack and 4-button footswitch for quickly toggling between the channels or engaging the effects loop.
- Model Number: 2254010410
- Est. U.S. Street: $1,499.99
- Series: EVH® 5150III® Combos
- Color: Ivory
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 25" (63.5 cm)
- Width: 27.5" (70 cm)
- Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 86 lbs (39.01 kg)
- Controls: Ch. 1: Independent Gain & Volume w/Shared Low, Mid & High; Ch. 2: Independent Gain & Volume w/Shared Low, Mid & High; Ch. 3: Independent Gain & Volume w/Shared Low, Mid & High; Also Power Level; Reverb; Global Presence; Rear Panel Global Resonance
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Voltage: 120V (Also Available in 100V, 110V, 220V, 230V, 240V)
- Wattage: 50 Watts
- Effects: Reverb
- Effects Loop: 1/4" (Send/Return)
- Inputs: One - 1/4", MIDI (rear)
- Headphone Jack: 1/4" Stereo
- Line Out: One - 1/4"
- Speaker Jack: Two - 1/4" Parallel
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Total Impedance: 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Power Cable: IEC
- Connectivity: MIDI
- Grill Cloth/Material: Woven Front Panel with Large EVH® Logo and Perforated Back Panel
- Amplifier Covering: Ivory Textured Vinyl
- Cabinet Material: 7-Ply 3/4" Birch Maple
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 x JJ 6L6
- Speakers: Two - 12" Celestion® EVH® G12H 30W Anniversary Series
- Speaker Wattage: 30 Watts
- Control Knobs: White Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Handle: Spring-Loaded Side (2) and Molded Plastic Top (1)
- Front Panel: White
- Effects: Reverb
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Footswitch Connection Type: 1/4"
- Casters: Included
- Recommended Cover: Optional P/N 00