EVH 5150III 100W Ivory 100-Watt 3-Channel Guitar Amp Head w/ 6L6 Power Tubes
5150III® 100W Head
The amp that first lanched the EVH line, the 5150III® 100-Watt Head is ideal for almost any playing style you can think of. From rich clean tones to raw rhythms and soaring high gain leads, it does it all at drummer-beating volume.
This is the Holy Grail of Tone that Eddie Van Halen has chased his whole life — a truly clean channel, a super-heavy crunch channel and an off-the-scale overdrive channel you simply won't believe. Each of the three channels has gain, low, mid, high, volume and presence controls, as well as a global resonance knob.
Under the hood, this amp features eight JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes and four JJ 6L6 matched power tubes.
Sporting unmistakable EVH style, this head is wrapped in a thick textured black or ivory vinyl with black steel grille and white front control panel.
A four-botton footswitch is included, while a high-quality fitted cover is available as an optional accessory item.
THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL
The 5150III 100W Head was the first-ever amp to be launched by EVH Gear, and represents a culmination of Eddie’s career-long chase for the holy grail of tone. Finally, a modern throwback amp that could handle everything he threw at it, and more.
Three independent channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead) combine to deliver a full spectrum of tone that can deliver across any genre. Channel one sings with a transparently true clean, still with enough gain for creamy vintage leads. Channel two hits hard with super heavy crunch and blues overdrive, while channel three delivers full-out distortion and aggressive modern liquid gain for blazing leads.
DIAL IT IN
No matter what flavor of high-gain metal, saturated hard rock or crunchy rhythm blues runs you’re playing, a comprehensive layout of controls are at your fingertips to dial in your tone. Each channel has gain, low, mid, high, volume and presence (for ultra-high frequencies) dials, along with a global resonance knob to adjust the power amp’s low frequency response.
The 5150III 100W Head wallops with beefy, high-gain attitude courtesy of eight JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes. Four mighty JJ 6L6 matched power tubes generate wide open, sparkling articulate highs with a controlled bass response heard in Eddie’s unmistakable rhythm playing.
STOMP OF THE FOOT
Conveniently toggle through Ch. 1, Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 and engage the effects loop with just a quick stomp of your foot utilizing the 4-button footswitch with 7-pin cable input.
- Model Number: 2251000400
- Series: EVH® 5150III® Heads
- Color: Ivory
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 11" (27.94 cm)
- Width: 30" (76.2 cm)
- Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 55 lbs. (24.95 kg)
- Controls: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Channel Select, and Presence for Each Channel; Also Global Resonance
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Voltage: 120V (Also Available in 100V, 110V, 220V, 230V, 240V)
- Wattage: 100 Watts
- Effects Loop: 1/4" (Send/Return)
- Inputs: One - 1/4"
- Line Out: One - 1/4"
- Speaker Jack: Two - 1/4" Parallel
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Total Impedance: 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Power Cable: IEC
- Grill Cloth/Material: Perforated Steel Front and Rear Panel
- Amplifier Covering: Ivory Textured Vinyl
- Cabinet Material: White Birch
- Preamp Tubes: 8 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 4 x JJ 6L6
- Control Knobs: White Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps (1 Top & 2 Sides)
- Front Panel: White
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Footswitch Connection Type: 7-Pin DIN
- Recommended Cover: Optional P/N 0073406000
- Included Accessories: 5-Foot Speaker Cable