Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay5 35th Anniversary 5-String Bass, Spalted Sunburst
In 1987 Ernie Ball Music Man created the legendary StingRay 5 bass, setting the standard for the modern 5-string bass. The 35th Anniversary edition honors the timeless Ernie Ball Music Man design that has been used by some of the world’s most iconic bassists. The ash body features a spalted maple top with thin maple veneer and comes standard with a Spalted Sunburst finish. The roasted figured maple neck features an ebony fretboard, copper pearlescent block inlays and is finished in a high gloss for superb comfort and playability. High-output neodymium StingRay 5 pickups provide powerful low-end with a distinctive mid-range punch while the lightweight hardware delivers solid stability. Limited to 225 single-humbucker and 25 dual-humbucker models, every Anniversary StingRay 5 includes a certificate of authenticity.
Spalted Sunburst Finish
Ash body with a spalted maple top finished in a special anniversary Sunburst finish
Roasted Figured Maple Neck
Flame-figured roasted maple neck with ebony fretboard and pearlescent block Inlays
All Black Hardware
Black hardware with black pickup cover accented with unique gold pole piece highlights
Legendary SR5 Turns 35 Premium Tonewoods
This 35th-anniversary edition is an actual work of art with a premium ash body featuring a maple-veneered Spalted Sunburst maple top. The roasted maple neck and ebony fretboard are adorned with copper pearlescent block inlays, and the entire front and back of the flame-figured neck are buffed to a striking high gloss finish.
Iconic Tone and Feel
The SR5’s robust low-end and fat, punchy midrange is world-famous. The low “B” string is most revered as it remains tight and full at a popular 34” scale length. This 35th SR5 faithfully recreates this iconic tone utilizing powerful neodymium magnets delivering more output and a wider range of frequencies.
An 18-volt 3-Band EQ preamp is utilized for extra clean headroom, letting you dial in a wide range of popular bass tones from modern punch to classic vintage without clipping or distortion.
- Model: StingRay 5 35th Anniversary
- Size: 13-3/8"" wide, 1-3/4"" thick, 45-3/4"" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Spalted Sunburst
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® Black plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34"" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11"" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9"" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"""" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Copper Pearloid Atlante Blocks
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: H: 3-way lever pickup selector; HH: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Single or Dual Humbucking with Neodymium Magnets
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 46w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This StingRay5 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.