Ernie Ball Music Man Sabre HT Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Showtime Sunburst
This Sabre HT is yet another entry in Ernie Ball Music Man's catalog of California-made high-end guitars with both looks and tone built for the big stage. The Sabre is one of their most iconic models, and the HT incorporates new technology such as "heat-treated" pickups that increase dynamics and touch sensitivity as well as the improvements to the wiring and hardware they've made over the years. The Showtime Sunburst with figured binding is a glamorous take on the classic 3-tone sunburst finish that truly stands out, and the matching painted neck is an eye-catching feature that you usually don't see on a bolt-on guitar. Our favorite pickups are those that happen to be both "clean" and "loud". Oftentimes hot pickups lose the dynamics and clarity that low-output pickups tend to have. These new EBMM Heat-Treated pickups manage to nail that balance, and the guitarists here at the shop are very pleased with how this Sabre sounds at all gain levels, especially with the built-in active boost. For a hot-rodded axe that looks ready for showtime with old-school sensibilities, check out this unique revamped Sabre.
The pickups are able to achieve an ultra-high-output, powerful low-end response while retaining a distinctively clean, clear tone and definition at lower volume levels. The HT (Heat Treated) bridge pickup utilizes patent-pending heat-treated pole pieces with a large ceramic magnet and an overwound coil that gives the pickup higher frequency harmonics and excellent touch sensitivity. The Sabre's custom-wound neck humbucker also features a large ceramic magnet and has been wound specifically to pair with the Sabre's HT bridge pickup. In addition, the electronics package includes a push-push adjustable 20dB boost function and a transparent buffered output for complete tonal consistency wherever your volume control is set. In other respects, the Sabre HT shares many of the original Sabre guitar specifications but also features a contoured Okoume body with a thick maple top, a maple neck, and 22 stainless steel frets.
- Size: 12-7/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 38-1/8" long
- Body Wood: Okoume with thick maple top
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Body Bindings: Natural Wood
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: 6-3/8" (16.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High Profile Medium Width
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut; 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select Maple (Painted)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fret Markers: Dot
- Neck Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Colors: Matches Body
- Bridge: Music Man® Modern tremolo with crescent cover and vintage bent steel saddles
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, scuplpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Switching: 1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way lever pickup selector; push/push volume pot for boost
- Pickups: Music Man® Custom Wound Neck Humbucker (Neck) & Music Man® HT Humbucker (Bridge)
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs
- Serial #: H01978
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This Sabre HT is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.