Ernie Ball Music Man Retro '70s StingRay Bass, Maple Fretboard, White High Gloss
The Retro ‘70s StingRay bass honors Music Man's American craftsmanship of the 1970s with an abundance of classic-inspired features. The four color options available on the StingRay retro edition—black, white, vintage sunburst, and heritage natural—replicate the look and feel of Music Man's flagship 4-string bass and are each finished with a gloss polyester topcoat. This throwback edition bass is a faithful reproduction of the StingRay's original specifications, with a 21-fret 3-Bolt maple neck with micro-tilt adjustment, bullet truss rod adjustment, a strings-through-the-body bridge with adjustable mute pads, and an Alnico-loaded humbucking pickup. Overall, this vintage-inspired instrument exudes that classic tone and feel while combining the greatest qualities of traditional craftsmanship with contemporary playability and dependability.
- Ash body with a gloss polyester finish
- Vintage-style alnico humbucking pickup with longer alnico 5 magnets and original single poly-nylon wire
- Classic original Music Man logo with period-correct gold Music Man decal
- Honoring Music Man's American Craftsmanship of the 1970's with an abundance of classic inspired features
- Original pre-EB StingRay bullet truss rod adjustment for proper neck action.
- A 3-bolt chrome-plated neck attachment with micro-tilt provides neck angle adjustment without the need for shims. Firm neck and neck pocket tolerances ensure a tight fit with no shifting.
- String-through body bridge with stainless steel saddles replicates the classic StingRay design. The original rubber mute pads have been added for a desired muted tone on demand.
- The 2-EQ preamp is a hand-soldered circuit board constructed with high-quality components using vintage-correct ceramic disc capacitors.
- Body Construction: Solid
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Color: White
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Material: Maple
- Color: Slight yellow tint
- Joint: 3 bolt
- Profile: D
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.812"
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.966"
- Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Color/Finish: Slight yellow tint
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Radius: 7.5"
- Inlays: 5/16" dot
- Side Markers: Black Dot
- Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Fret Count, Size, Material: 21, .078 x .050, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 34
- Nut Material, Width: Melamine 1.686"
- Additional: Walnut Skunk Stripe on back of neck
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Pre-EB Geometry Music Man® chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage stainless steel saddles
- Knob Type: Knurled Dome, Flat Top - Chrome
- Pickguard Material: 3 ply White/Black/White
- Tuning Machines: Schaller Bass
- Electronics Type (active/passive): Active
- Preamp: 2 Band EQ
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage style alnico humbucking pickup with long alnico 5 magnets and wound with original single poly-nylon wire.
- Controls: Volume, treble and bass
- Output Type (mono/stereo): Mono
- Country of Origin: USA
- Factory Strings (brand/gauge): 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Factory Tuning: STANDARD
- Included Case (brand/model): Mono
- Case Style: Soft Shell
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This Retro '70s StingRay is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.