Ernie Ball Music Man Jason Richardson 7-String Cutlass Guitar, Majora Purple
The Ernie Ball Music Man Jason Richardson Artist Series Cutlass guitar is the latest collaboration between the award-winning Ernie Ball Music Man design team and the multitalented virtuoso guitarist and composer Jason Richardson. Featuring innovative design characteristics engineered specifically for Jason's exacting technique, the Richardson Artist Series Cutlass offers unique features and aesthetics that will give players a fresh look at one of our most popular models.
Custom Ernie Ball Music Man electronics
Custom humbucking bridge and neck pickups.
SELECT ALDER BODY
LIGHTWEIGHT ALDER BODY WITH EXCLUSIVE BUCKEYE BURL TOP.
Custom contoured lower horn for more access to all 24 frets.
ALL NEW CUTLASS
Built to Jason Richardson's exact specifications, the Cutlass incorporates a multitude of design features to further enhance comfortability, playability, and overall performance.
Features a roasted figured maple neck and headstock with Schaller locking tuners.
Ernie Ball Music Man bridge and neck pickups are custom wound offering heavy rhythm tones and a clear and bright top end for endless soloing.
6 & 7 STRING
The Jason Richardson artist series 6 and 7 string Cutlass guitars feature translucent alder bodies with figured burl tops in your choice of three finish options. The new Majora Purple and Rorschach Red finishes are highlighted with natural 3/16th inch wood binding, gloss finish, gold hardware, and gold polepieces, while the standard matte Buckeye Burl is furnished with black pickups and hardware. The new Empress White is an opaque white sparkle finish highlighted with 3/16th inch black body binding, gloss finish, white pickups, and hardware.
ENGINEERED TO PERFORM
DESIGNED TO PERFECTION
The Jason Richardson Cutlass features a perfectly balanced lightweight double-cutaway body design, allowing unparalleled access to all 24 medium jumbo frets. Additionally, the roasted maple neck is hand shaped with a shallow neck carve for very fast playability.
Hand-selected body and neck woods are sustainably sourced from our network of hardwood suppliers around the world. Alder, burl, and maple are individually chosen and matched for their beautiful appearance and rich tonal qualities.
- Model: Jason Richardson 7-string Cutlass Guitar
- Size: 12-7/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 38-1/8" long (32.7 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 96.8 cm long)
- Body Wood: Alder with buckeye burl top (Empress White is a maple top)
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester -All finishes except Natural Buckeye Burl
- Bridge: Custom 7-string Music Man® floating tremolo, made of black or plated, hardened steel with black or gold plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: N/A
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 6-7/8" (17.5 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-7/8" (47.6 mm) at nut, 2-19/32" (65.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Figured roasted maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Dot inlay
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Neck Binding: N/A
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp w/ Silent Circuit; 25kohm push/push volume POT for gain boost, 500kohm push/push tone POT for pickup coil splitting - 0.022uf tone cap; 3-way pickup selector switch
- Pickups: HH - Music Man Custom 7 string humbucking pickups, Ceramic magnets
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46-56 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156)
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball Music Man. This 810-EL2-R1-00-CS-WG is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.