Ernie Ball Music Man DarkRay 5 Bass, 5-String, Ebony Fretboard, White Sparkle
Designed in collaboration with world-renowned bass accessory manufacturer Darkglass Electronics, the DarkRay unlocks a whole new range of sonic capabilities.
At the heart of every instrument is its tone: in this case, a modern 2 Band EQ preamp was designed by Darkglass specifically for the DarkRay. This preamp offers three modes with very distinct and useful sounds: Clean, Alpha (distortion), and Omega (fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference. Astonishing clean, slight gain, or a brutal fuzz tone is obtainable, all with no low-end loss. A bright LED ring and the 3-way lever switch indicates which mode the bass is in.
The DarkRay is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, and the familiar 4+1 headstock configuration.
THE DARKRAY FEATURES A ROASTED MAPLE NECK, EBONY FINGERBOARD WITH STAINLESS STEEL FRETS, AND MATTE BLACK HARDWARE.
DARKRAY 5 PREAMP
THE 2-BAND PREAMP INCLUDES VOLUME, TREBLE, AND BASS CONTROLS WITH A SEPARATE BLEND AND GAIN KNOB TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED TONE AND OUTPUT.
THE DARKRAY 5 FEATURES A ROASTED MAPLE NECK, EBONY FINGERBOARD WITH STAINLESS STEEL FRETS, AND MATTE BLACK HARDWARE.
StingRay Meets DarkGlass
Custom Darkglass® clean 2-band active preamp
The DarkRay is equipped with a new modern 2 Band preamp that Darkglass specifically designed. The preamp is extremely clean and quiet with adjustable volume, gain, bass, treble, and blend controls to achieve the desired tone.
Alpha and Omega
The Darkglass preamp offers two highly regarded drive circuits, Alpha(tight distortion) and Omega(fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference with no low-end loss. Via the 3-way lever switch, a bright color-coded LED ring is illuminated, signifying which mode the bass is in.
DarkRay = StingRay
The DarkRay bass is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, all black hardware, and the familiar 3+1 headstock configuration.
- Model: DarkRay 5
- Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Hardwood
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded Black plated, steel bridge plate with vintage Black plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, stainless steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at the nut; 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Dot
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: vol, gain, blend, treble, bass
- Switching: 3-way lever distortion selector; Preamp Only, Preamp+Alpha Distortion, Preamp+Omega Distortion
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs
- Serial #: S07981
- Case: Hard Case
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Music Man. This DarkRay 5 Bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.