Dingwall NG-3 "Nolly" Getgood Signature 4-String Multi-Scale Bass, Metallic Black
We're officially a proud dealer for Dingwall basses! Here's a stunning NG-3 in Metallic Black, the signature bass of Periphery bassist Adam 'Nolly' Getgood! Nolly is a legend in more ways than one and we're stoked to be able to offer such an incredible instrument bearing his name.
If you're a bassist, and you think "multi-scale", you're going to immediately picture a Dingwall in your head. The best part with these basses is that even if you've never picked up or played a multi-scale bass before, it takes virtually zero adjustment. You can close your eyes and your fingers land in the right spot very naturally.
Whether you're drop-tuning or keeping it standard, the benefits of the multi-scale are immediately evident. Every string has the proper tension and fullness to the tone. Sometimes with extended scale length basses, you end up sacrificing the tone and response of the higher strings, and they can sometimes sound thin and whiney. But of course, if you go with a shorter scale length, then your lower strings get a little floppy and woofy. But our friends at Dingwall were able to perfect a design where everything is even, balanced and perfect. Plugged in, the Darkglass preamp and FD-3N pickups pair amazingly, sounding excellent and especially impressive for heavier, harder-edges bass tones.
The Dingwall NG-3 is simply a phenomenal bass - if it's good enough to be Nolly's weapon of choice, it's certainly more than stellar for the rest of us!
The NG Signature model incorporates the collective know-how of Dingwall engineering and Darkglass Electronics in one unit. Developed to meet the punch and power required by Periphery bassist, Adam ‘Nolly’ Getgood, the NG has served tours with the likes of Tony Levin (Liquid Tension Experiment), Josh Gilbert (Spiritbox) and Kyle Konkiel (Bad Wolves). As near to perfect as a modern rock bass gets. Select from a left or right-handed model, Hipshot extender keys, 4-, 5- or 6- strings and take your pick from a range of finishes, including Metallic Black, Celestial Blue, Fiesta Red, Ducati Pearl White, Gold and Black Forrest Green.
- BODY & NECK: Anyone familiar with the Combustion will feel immediately at home with the NG. Having been through a long development cycle involving Periphery bassist Adam ‘Nolly’ Getgood, the NG shares many of the same characteristics as the Combustion, including the body shape and general layout. However, the body wood is alder instead of the customary swamp ash of the Combustion, which is paired with a bolt-on maple neck and fingerboard. ‘Nolly had been touring and recording with two Combustions,’ explains Sheldon Dingwall. ‘He had given his custom Dingwall AB6 plenty of testing too. The NG combines everything he liked best about both models.’.
- PICKUPS & ELECTRONICS: Like the frets, the Dingwall FD3 neodymium pickups are also slanted. They’re wired to a custom Darkglass 3-band preamp, along with master volume and a 4-position Quad-tone pickup selector that lets you use each pickup alone or in conjunction with one another in series or parallel modes. There’s a major tonal difference between the pickups’ sounds, which is where the rotary selector comes in handy. The Darkglass preamp provides a distortion-free signal, but its frequencies are ideal for controlling or accentuating any overdriven tone.
- HARDWARE: The NG is kitted out with tour-grade hardware appointments, including lightweight open-gear Hipshot tuners and a staggered bridge design for greater sustain and resonance. A bass similar to the Combustion, coupled with the super efficient Darkglass preamp, creates a high-performance unit that is hard to beat.
- Model: Dingwall NG-3 Adam "Nolly" Getgood Signature 4-String
- Color: Metallic Black
- Body: Alder
- Pickguard: Black, Carbon Fiber Pattern
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Wood: 5-Piece Maple
- Scale: 34" - 36.25"
- Fretboard Radius: 9.45"
- Inlays: Dots
- Frets: 24 “acoustic-sized” frets, 0.040” tall x 0.080” wide
- Neck Shape: Medium-Thin C
- Nut Width: 1.65" (42mm)
- 1st Fret Neck Thickness: 21mm
- 12th Fret Neck Thickness: 24mm
- Pickups: FD-3N
- Controls: Master volume, 4-Position Quad-tone Pickup Selector, 3-Band Active EQ (Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid), Active/Passive Toggle Switch
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Bridge: Hipshot/Dingwall
- Tuners: Modified Hipshot/Dingwall
- Hardware Finish: Smoked Chrome
- Bridge Spacing: 19mm
- Case: Dingwall Padded Gig Bag
- Serial #: 10671
- Instrument Weight: 8.5 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Dingwall. This NG-3 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.