DigiTech DOD Chthonic Fuzz Guitar Effect Pedal with 2N2222 Transistor Clipping
The Chthonic Fuzz (pronounced: Thawnic) creates fat, corpulent, fudgy, sludgy, fuzz tones that pair perfectly with single-coil, P90, gold-foil, and DeArmond style pickups. It also works great with PAF-style humbuckers, but this fuzz was designed with brighter guitars and amps in mind.
Starting with a beloved a single-knob ‘70’s fuzz circuit, we experimented with adding a subtle tone control (Lustre), and then a separate gain control (Fuzz). This yielded a simple yet powerful fun with an earthy, dark flavor. Straight-up transistor clipping using a pair of 2N2222 transistors allows guitar volume knob clean-up like other classic fuzzes, but the Chthonic comes from a different dimension. Think of it as a kind of Colorsound Overdriver from an alternate universe.
The Chthonic’s Kraken/Cthulhu graphics are courtesy of the same artist that did the Carcosa Fuzz art. The Chthonic is a psychotic dizygotic dark companion to the Carcosa Fuzz.
Twin suns sink behind the lake…
- Darker fuzz designed for brighter guitars and amps
- Subtle tone control retains pick attack throughout entire range
- Excellent clean-up with guitar volume knob
- Lightweight all aluminum chassis
- Crisp blue LED
- Modern power jack
- True Bypass
- Dimensions: 4.68” x 2.63”x 2.25” (L x W x H) 11.88 cm (L) x 6.68 cm (W) x 5.71 cm (H)
- Weight: ~1.0 lbs. ~ 0.453 kg.
- Input(s): 1 x ¼” instrument
- Output(s): 1 x ¼”
- Chassis Material: All Metal
- Power Supply 9V Alkaline Dry Battery or PS200R Power Supply
- Warranty: 1 Year