Boss Dual Cube LX 10-Watt Ultra Portable Stereo Desktop Guitar Combo Amp
For over four decades, CUBE amplifiers have brought exceptional value to musicians everywhere, offering great sound and versatile features in portable, go-everywhere designs. The DUAL CUBE LX Guitar Amplifier carries on this long tradition, evolved with the latest BOSS advancements for unmatched flexibility. This desktop powerhouse is the ultimate guitar amp for home practice and jamming with friends. And with a generous array of connectivity options, its range extends to performing, recording, and many other applications.
- Ultra-portable stereo guitar amplifier with professional sound and features
- Two custom-designed 4-inch speakers
- 10-watt stereo power amp (5 watts x 2)
- Eight newly developed guitar amp types plus one mic preamp type
- Seven onboard effects with deep editing via the DUAL CUBE LX Editor app
- Stereo input mode with wide, immersive sound for modelers and stereo pedals
- Three-band equalizer
- Store amp and effects settings in 27 memories (3 memories for each amp type)
- Powered via AC adaptor (included) or eight AA batteries
- Stereo line output with mic’d cab emulation
- Phones/Rec jack with support for an inline headphones microphone
- USB audio for direct recording and livestreaming
- Control jack for up to two external footswitches
- i-CUBE Link/Aux In jack for audio playback
- Selectable Loopback function for USB and i-CUBE Link/Aux In
- Onboard looper (requires optional footswitch)
- Connector for optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor (BT-DUAL)
Meet the Moment
With its compact size and authentic BOSS tones, the DUAL CUBE LX delivers instant gratification for everyday playing at home. And its ultra-flexible design lets you go much further when you want, providing advanced features that reach well beyond the capabilities of other desktop amps.
Practice and Jam Anywhere
Indoors and out, enjoy big, immersive sound with custom-designed stereo speakers and versatile power with the included AC adaptor or eight AA batteries.
Perform On Stage
Use the stereo Line Out jacks to directly connect to a PA system and perform with pro BOSS amp sounds, complete with mic’d cab emulation and expansive stereo effects.
Record to Your Favorite DAW
Use the DUAL CUBE LX to capture mix-ready sounds in music software on a computer or mobile device via USB or i-CUBE-Link.
Elevate Your Livestreams
With the Phones/Rec jack and mic volume control, you can capture your voice with a headphones mic and send it to the USB and i-CUBE Link outputs along with your guitar sounds.
Play Along with Backing Music
The DUAL CUBE LX offers many ways to play along with backing music from a mobile device or computer, including a stereo aux input, USB and i-CUBE Link Loopback, and an optional Bluetooth® adaptor.
Authentic Amp Tones
With its finely tuned stereo speaker system, the DUAL CUBE LX produces full, punchy guitar tones that belie the amp’s small footprint. Choose from eight versatile amp types, all with natural feel and organic response honed with decades of BOSS amp development. Whatever your style or skill level, you’ll find expressive sounds to build techniques and deliver inspired performances. There’s also a dedicated mic preamp type, allowing you to use the amp as a portable vocal PA system.
Onboard BOSS Effects
The DUAL CUBE LX includes a variety of BOSS stereo and mono effects to enhance your sound. Out of the box, you can spice up tones with four mod effect types or Heavy Octave and add ambience with delay or two types of reverb. If you want to go even deeper, it’s possible to change out effects and adjust settings via the DUAL CUBE LX Editor.
Deep Sound Customization
The intuitive panel controls on the DUAL CUBE LX make it easy to craft compelling sounds in the moment. Each amp type includes three user memories, allowing you to store all the knob settings for quick recall. And with the DUAL CUBE LX Editor, there’s a world of additional creative power to explore. Select different amp and effect variations, adjust detailed parameters, and more from your Mac or Windows computer.
Stereo In for Modelers and Pedalboards
The DUAL CUBE LX features a special Stereo In amp type for connecting stereo devices, complete with advanced spatial processing that makes it sound like you’re playing through a much larger cabinet. By default, it provides rich, full-range sound for an amp/effects processor such as the GT-1000, GT-1000CORE, GX-100, GT-1, or IR-200. With the DUAL CUBE LX Editor, you can alternately choose a neutral guitar amp tone inspired by the famous Roland JC-120, giving you an ideal platform for exploring the stereo capabilities of pedals like the BOSS 500 and 200 series.
Expand Your Possibilities
With optional FS-series footswitches, you can operate the onboard looper and switch memories while performing. And by connecting the optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor, you can go even further with a smartphone or tablet. Wirelessly stream music from your device and jam along, or use the iOS/Android version of the DUAL CUBE LX Editor to tweak sounds and control amp functions remotely. Or pair the EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal for cable-free operation of wah and volume.
- Rated Power Output: 10 W (5 W + 5 W)
- Nominal Input Level
- GUITAR/STEREO IN L, R: 10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- CUBE LINK/AUX IN: 20 dBu (15 k ohm)
- Nominal Output Level: LINE OUT L/MONO, R: 10 dBu
- Speakers: 10 cm (4 inches) x 2
- POWER switch
- AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC SIM, JC CLEAN, US COMBO, BRIT COMBO, HIGAIN STACK, METAL STACK, EXTREME, MIC, STEREO IN)
- MEMORY button
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- EFFECTS knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE)
- DELAY/REVERB knob (DELAY, REVERB, SPRING)
- TAP button
- MIC VOL knob
- MASTER knob
- LOOPBACK switch (iCUBE LINK/AUX IN)
- LOOPBACK switch (USB)
- GUITAR jack/STEREO IN L, R jacks: 1/4inch phone type
- PHONES/REC OUT jack: Stereo Miniature phone type (Stereo, CTIA)
- CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack: Stereo Miniature phone type (Stereo, CTIA)
- LINE OUT L/MONO, R jacks: 1/4inch phone type
- FOOT SW jack: 1/4inch TRS phone type
- Bluetooth ADAPTOR connector: Dedicated connector
- USB port: USB B type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor (DC 9 V)
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8
- Rechargeable NiMH battery (AA, HR6) x 8
- Current Draw: 360 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 8 hours
- Rechargeable NiMH battery: Approximately 10 hours (*1)
- *1 When using batteries having a capacity of 2,500 mAh.
- * These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- 341 (W) x 162 (D) x 215 (H) mm
- 137/16 (W) x 67/16 (D) x 81/2 (H) inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 3.3 kg
- 7 lbs 5 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet USING THE UNIT SAFELY
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Mini cable (4pole miniature phone type)
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS5U, FS6, FS7
- Bluetooth(R) Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor (MODEL BTDUAL)
- Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal: EV1WL
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms