Audio Technica AT2040USB Hypercardioid Dynamic USB Microphone
The AT2040USB is an ideal microphone for creators, featuring a dynamic design for excellent voice capture with added USB functionality. Combining the broadcast-quality performance of the AT2040 dynamic podcast microphone with plug-and-play USB functionality makes this the ideal microphone for podcasters, streamers, and other content creators to achieve professional results.
This dynamic microphone also touts its quality with a highly directional, hypercardioid pickup pattern that helps eliminate common ambient noise, like the hum of a computer fan. With a narrower pickup angle than a cardioid design, the AT2040USB provides focused vocal capture, which is ideal and super effective for creators and gamers who stream and chat with followers.
Additionally, the microphone’s robust metal body includes an integrated shock mount to minimize unwanted noise and vibration, while its internal pop filter protects against harsh spoken sounds. For added noise, shock, and vibration cancellation that may be transmitted through a mic stand, boom, or mount, users can purchase the AT8458a shock mount separately.
The AT2040USB is equipped with a built-in headphone jack for real-time audio monitoring with no delay. It also features a quick muting function, with the silent touch-sensitive capacitive mute button to quickly and easily mute audio at the microphone and a two-state LED indicator ring displays a blue light when the mic is on and ready to capture audio and indicates red when it is muted.
This content creator microphone offers a USB Type-C™ output, which includes a USB cable (USB Type-C™ to USB Type-A) and USB adapter (USB Type-A to USB Type-C™) for plug-and-play functionality. Users can connect the microphone directly to a computer for immediate use, without audio interference or additional cabling. Whether it’s Twitch streaming, YouTube content creation, or online chats, the AT2040USB is well suited for all kinds of content creation.
- Dynamic broadcast microphone with plug-and-play USB functionality is perfect for podcasters, streamers, and other content creators
- Hypercardioid pickup focuses on your voice and minimizes room noises and echo
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop protection
- Integrated shock mount tames noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Built-in headphone jack with high-output amplifier and volume control enables real-time monitoring with excellent sound quality
- Mix control allows the microphone signal to be blended with prerecorded audio
- Silent soft-touch mute button provides convenient, reliable muting at the microphone
- High-resolution AD convertor with 24-Bit/96 kHz sampling rate for extremely clear, natural sound reproduction
- Switchable low-cut filter controls unwanted low-frequency sound
- Two-state LED indicator ring lights blue when mic is powered on and lights red when it is muted
- Professional-grade metal body for lasting durability
- Includes mounting clamp and USB-C to USB-A cable (with USB-A to USB-C adapter)
- System requirements: USB2.0 compliant
- Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 11 macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura (Please check the product's web page for the latest information.)
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency response: 80-16,000 Hz
- Low cut: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Power supply: USB power (5 VDC)
- Bit depth: 16 bit/24 bit
- Supported sampling rates: 44.1 kHz/48 kHz/88.2 kHz/96 kHz
- Controls: Headphone level control, Mix control, Low cut, Mute
- Dimensions: 145.3 mm (5.7”) long, 52 mm (2.0”) maximum body diameter
- Weight: About 600 g (21 oz)
- Output connector: USB Type-C
- Headphone output: 77 mW (at 1 kHz, 1% T.H.D., 32 ohms)
- Headphone jack: 3.5 mm (1/8”) stereo mini jack
- Included accessories: AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, USB cable (about 2.0 m (6.6'), USB Type-C to USB Type-A), USB conversion adapter (USB-Type-A to USB Type-C)