Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic End-Address Podcast Microphone
The AT2040 microphone offers podcasters and content creators all the features needed to get started or to upgrade their setups for a more professional sound.
The Perfect Podcasting Mic
Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound.
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 80-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
- Impedance: 600 ohms
- Weight: 615 g (21.7 oz)
- Dimensions: 145.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, Pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R13