Apogee Jam X Instrument Interface w/ Built-In Analog Compression & Overdrive
The only instrument interface with built-in analog compression
jamx is a premium audio interface designed for recording your guitar, bass guitar, or keyboards on your Mac, Windows computer or iPad Pro. jamx also works with your iPhone*. Connect headphones and any instrument with a pickup to jamx and dial in the perfect sound using jamx‘s Analog Compressor presets - Vintage Blue Stomp, Purple Squeeze, & Smooth Leveler. The simplicity and portability of jamx make it ideal for capturing your best take anywhere you go. And, the ease of use and sound quality make jamx a must-have for beginners and pros.
*Lightning cable sold separately
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Works with guitar, bass, keyboards, synths, or any acoustic instrument with pickups
- Built-in Analog Compressor
- Includes 3 Presets
- Smooth Leveler (Low Amount of Compression)
- Purple Squeeze (Medium Amount of Compression)
- Vintage Blue Stomp (Aggressive Amount of Compression).
- Includes 3 Presets
- ⅛” output connects to headphones or powered speakers
- ¼” studio quality instrument input
- 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio
- Rugged metal body
- Blend Mode - Record with zero latency
- No configuration necessary. Just plug in and play with any audio recording app
- Connect to Mac and Windows computers
- Compatible with the Apogee ASIO Driver for Windows
- Connect to iPad Pro with Type C port
Built-In Analog Compressor
jamx’s built-in analog compressor introduces an all new feature to the Jam family. jamx delivers a total tonal experience that no other interface in this category can touch. Choose from 3 different presets that will respond to how much you drive the input gain. With jamx you will have an endless amount of inspiration in developing your own clean tone aesthetic.
Crank it up - Headphones or Powered Monitors
Whether you’re monitoring as you play and record with your favorite app, or streaming music, the stereo output on jamx dramatically improves the playback quality of your audio. With highresolution sample rates up to 96k and ample headroom, jamx delivers incredible clarity and plenty of volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
Blend Mode - Never Miss A Beat
Stay in the rhythmic pocket with Blend mode, allowing you to record with absolutely no vibe-killing latency (delay). To listen exclusively through your virtual amp software, turn off Blend with a click of a button.
The Ins and Outs - Connection Options
Connect any instrument-level input you can imagine to your computer or iOS device using jamx. Synth and keyboard, electric guitar and bass, dynamic microphone* and acoustic instrument with a pickup - it all works. jamx is a complete audio interface that lets you monitor your recording and playing too with a premium ⅛” output for headphones or powered speakers.
- jamx: Micro USB
- Any computer with a USB Type-C or USB Type-A port
- Any iPad with a USB Type-C port
- Works with iOS Lightning devices - Cable sold separately
- Weight: 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg)
- Length: 4.0” (10.16 cm)
- Width: 1.5” (3.81 cm)
- Depth: .95” (2.41 cm)
- Max Gain: 36dB
- Max Input Level: 18dBu
- Max Headphone output level: 8dBu (1.9Vrms) 100mW into 32 Ohm.
- 3 Compression Presets
In the box
- Apogee jamx
- Getting started links
- Warranty information
- USB cable (Type C)
- USB cable (Type A)
- Extended 60-Day Trial of Tim Henson’s Archetype Plugin from Neural DSP
- Ableton Live Lite
- Apogee ASIO Driver for Windows - free download
- macOS 10.14 or later
- iOS 9 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- No software or drivers required