Antelope Audio Atlas i8 3-Way Isobaric Active Studio Monitor
Antelope Audio’s first ever studio monitor is designed to provide a cutting-edge modern solution for every studio. Atlas i8 delivers extended low-end frequencies and soaring sound pressure levels thanks to its secret weapon – two 8-inch woofers configured in an isobaric design. Atlas i8 brings sonic accuracy, pinpoint imaging and a fatigue-free listening experience as a result of meticulous acoustical engineering along with decades of research and development in the field of digital signal processing.
Less space, more bass.
Two 8-inch woofers, one behind another, sealed in an isobaric configuration, deliver unrivaled power and detailed low-frequency response. The isobaric design drastically reduces both cabinet size and air volume without sacrificing performance even when Atlas i8 is pushed to the absolute limit.
To achieve flat and time-aligned frequency response a proprietary digital processing system has been developed to run inside FPGA chips with FIR and IIR filters, thus providing a deep and focused stereo image, precise transients and fatigue-free studio sessions. The Atlas i8 is calibrated during the manufacturing process and tested thoroughly to deliver optimal performance.
Coaxial for the Mids and Highs.
The tweeter and midrange driver are arranged coaxially to ensure a single point source for improved phase coherence. This allows Atlas i8 to be positioned horizontally or vertically without any risk of comb filtering or dips across the upper-frequency spectrum.
The same 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking from our high-end master clocks and interfaces is integrated into Atlas i8. The proprietary clocking contributes to the quality of the AD/DA conversion inside, guaranteeing for the same professional standard found in some of the world’s most acclaimed studios.
Three custom-designed Class-D amplifiers with incredibly low harmonic distortions and noise floor, tailored exclusively for the Atlas i8, feed 200W to the 8-inch woofers, 100W to the mid, and 100W to the high-frequency drivers to ensure a clean, yet substantially high SPL.
SOFTWARE CONTROL PANEL
The software control panel unleashes the full potential of the Atlas i8. Onboard processing allows various workflow enhancement options such as EQ, dim, mute, volume control, delay offset and preset management.
COLOR DISPLAY WITH ADVANCED SETTINGS
A color display alongside a rotary knob to the rear of Atlas i8 provides access to main settings like volume, routing, EQ, bass modes and preset recall with just a couple of steps.
AES I/O AND ANALOG CONNECTIVITY
Alongside the standard analog connections in both XLR and TRS configurations, an AES/EBU digital input and output provide wider connectivity options: Bypass your interface’s A/D conversion or daisy chain two monitors with ease.
Optional mounting plate adapter (VESA 100x200mm) standard is available, making wall or ceiling placement for multi-speaker Surround and Atmos™ setups simple and elegant.
Room matching can be further enhanced using the color display and rotary knob via a user-friendly 4-band EQ. Reduce low frequency band boosts in some room monitoring situations or tailor high frequencies to avoid desktop reflections.
DELAY OFFSET FOR DISTANCE
Atlas i8’s Delay Offset feature allows the distance between the sweet spot of two monitors to be compensated if there is a difference in order to achieve an optimal stereo image.
CLEAN AND ACCURATE LOW-END
- Isobaric bass configuration reduces cabinet size while maintaining optimal performance
- Two 8-inch woofers for precise low-end with minimum distortion even on high SPL
- Custom Class-D amplifier with low noise & harmonic distortion
- Thick 18mm cabinet with extra reinforcement, preventing any unwanted resonance frequencies
SIGNATURE SOUND QUALITY
- Digital calibration using FIR and IIR filters providing time-aligned neutral frequency response
- Coaxial driver for a single point axis response, also allows both horizontal and vertical positioning
- Proprietary 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology
- Ultra-accurate A/D and D/A conversion ensuring transparent and neutral signal
- 192kHz sample rate ensuring pristine conversion
WORKFLOW ENHANCING FEATURES
- Parametric EQ for frequency adjustments
- Software control panel for easy access to main features
- Color display with settings menu
- Delay offset to compensate for distance from the sweet spot
- AES digital I/O allowing daisy chain
- Optional mounting plate for wall/ceiling mount
- Frequency range: 35 – 20 000 Hz
- Max SPL: 117dB at 1 m with one speaker
- Amp wattage: 400W (200W low + 100W mid + 100W high)
- Input connectors: Analog XLR/TRS Digital AES/EBU
- Output connectors: Digital AES/EBU
- Driver sizes: LF: 2×8″ isobaric, MF: 5,5″, HF: 1,5″ coaxial
- Speaker configuration: Three-way
- AD/DA converter: 24-bit/ 192 kHz
- Equalization: Digital parametric
- Enclosure Type: Front ported
- Dimensions: W 292 mm, D 387 mm, H 500 mm
- Weight: 24 kg
- IN-THE-BOX CONTENT
- Atlas i8
- Power supply cable
- USB type A to B cable
- Getting Started leaflet