Akai Professional MPC Live II Standalone Music Production Center With Built-In Monitors MPC Live 2
Wherever Inspiration Strikes
For the music makers who never want to miss an inspirational moment, meet MPC Live II. This self-contained,battery-powered production unit delivers the full MPC experience, anywhere.
Immerse Yourself in the Music Making Experience
MPC Live II is the first MPC with a built-in stereo monitoring speaker system. Designed from the ground up, this dual tweeter-woofer system delivers impeccable clarity to keep your ideas flowing through the creative process. Hear every detail of your production - rumbling 808s, the unmistakable punch of kick drums, thunderous bass lines, and a crisp, silky high-end. Need a second perspective? Turn off the built-in monitors, hook up your studio speakers and you’re set.
Every Bit an MPC
Under the hood, MPC Live II includes the same multi-core processor as the MPC X, with every mainstay you demand from a modern MPC. Take compete command of your production with Akai Professional’s iconic 16-pad format. Sequence, edit and chop samples on the bright 7-inch touch screen color display.Shape your ideas with four capacitive-touch knobs and dive into all critical functions with an arsenal of dedicated buttons meticulously arranged for the ultimate production workflow. Backed by a super-intuitive UI, and packed with everything you demand for professional production, MPC Live II is laser-focused on your creativity.
As a producer, you demand versatility. MPC Live II primes you for any situation. With three stereo ¼-inch TRS outputs (6 mono), plus phono/line level inputs, USB, MIDI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and four TRS CV/Gate outputs, it’s simple to connect, control and get the best out of all your studio gear. Command your modular rig on stage and usher in a new direction to your performance; grab a patch cable and tap into any studio rack gear with ease; hook up your USB MIDI controllers, pick a synth engine and dive into a world of immersive, expressive performances; connect turntables and inject some old-school sampling flavor into your production. Your day-to-day producer activities may mean you go from different studio spaces to stage and back - whatever your day demands, you can count on MPC Live II to deliver the goods.
Your Studio’s Central Command
When we say MPC Live II commands all your external MIDI gear, we mean it. New to Akai Professional’s next generation standalone, multi-core powered MPC Series is MIDI Multi capability, transforming MPC into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centerpiece. Now you can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in your studio, including class-compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging your I/O capability. Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesizer, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC Live II forms the beating heart of any production setup, unleashing the true power of all your gear.
Create wherever and whenever you’re feeling creative. Don’t hang around waiting for that spark, empower yourself with everything you need to find inspiration wherever it is. Fusing a robust, road-tested and compact build with an on-board rechargeable 6-hour lithium-ION battery, MPC Live II revolutionizes the create anywhere philosophy.
MPC Software 2
Akai Professional’s reimagined MPC 2 Software drives MPC Live II in both standalone and controller modes.This is a cutting-edge production suite combining real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality,on-board synth engines, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, seamless DAW integration and much more. Whether you’re seeking freedom from computerbasedmusic production or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration,MPC 2 Software delivers the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
Simplify your sample browsing and auditioning with on-board Splice integration in MPC Live II. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds,presets and loops, covering every musical style. With Splice natively embedded in MPC Live II, you will experience immediate Wi-Fi access to your own Splice library directly from the touch user interface.
Ableton Live Integration
MPC Live II comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live for an instant performance and production setup. Take complete command over Live’s clip launching, mixer and instrument macro controls wirelessly via Wi-Fi network Ableton Link or by ethernet connection using a USB to ethernet adapter. Fusing MPC’s production prowess, critically acclaimed synth engines and a rapid, intuitive workflow with Ableton Live, any creative endeavour is literally a touch away.
Storage & Connectivity
Out the box MPC Live II ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. For producers looking to add a personal touch to their production, MPC Live II features a built-in SD Card slot, a user-expandable 2.5-inch SATA drive bay for connecting SSD or HDD drives and USB thumb input for immediate access to your own sample libraries.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- Built-in monitors
- 7-inch high-resolution multi-touch display
- 16 velocity sensitive RGB pads
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2 software
- Phono and line level inputs
- (3) Stereo outputs (6 Mono)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI In, (2) 5-pin MIDI Out
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage
- Full-size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5-inch SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- (2) USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- 4 TRS CV/Gate jacks, 8 outputs total
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled
- Ableton Link for cross-platform collaboration
- Includes 3-Months Free Access to Splice*
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link button
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (27) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: Quad-core ARM® processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, expandable via SATA connections
- (2) ¼” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) ¼” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- (1) ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (4) Stereo CV/Gate outputs
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (2) USB Type-A ports
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter: 19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 5 hours of battery life
- Dimensions(width x depth x height)
- 16.2” x 9.6” x 1.8”
- 411.5 x 243.8 x 45.7mm
- 7.45 lbs.