Ashdown Engineering OriginAL 300-Watt Lightweight Compact Bass Amp Head
This lightweight, portable and stripped back bass amp head provides Ashdown tone in a gig ready, highly versatile yet affordable package.
Perfect for the bassist who wants the convenience of a highly portable bass amp with straightforward but powerful control. At less than 2.5kg/7lbs the OriginAL makes transportation a breeze. And then dialing in your tone is even easier. The 5-band EQ boasts intuitive control for bass, middle, and treble, as well as hi- and lo-mid knobs.
The front-facing effects loop and XLR DI output are another tip of the hat to modern conveniences.
With its ample power, great sound, tiny footprint and player-friendly features, the Ashdown OriginAL head is well worth your attention.
Simple yet Powerful EQ
With the signal at its optimal level, you then hit a defined set of features designed enhance your tone. The OriginAL features a tried and tested 5-band EQ, controlling your traditional bass, middle and treble with a lo-mid and hi-mid sitting comfortably either side of the variable middle control. The additional Shape control further sculpts your tone, lifting the frequencies that really count – like a smiley face on a graphic equalizer.
The output control regulates the output volume of the amp and wrapping up the features on the front panel is an easy to reach DI output, as well as an independent FX send and return, which allows the amp to set a very clear signal path with no interruptions.
Create the Perfect Rig
To the rear of this condensed unit is a very well considered headphone out, which doubles this gig-ready head as a great home practice device.
A pair of 1/4" jack sockets with a minimum 4 ohm load means the OriginAL HD-1 can be used to power a single 8 ohm cabinet, a pair of 8 ohm cabinets or a single 4 ohm cabinet.
Ready for the Road
The OriginAL is a rugged little go-getter, using scuff proof paint over its steel & aloy chassis. Retaining a nice yet practical weight to it, with quality feeling control pots, The OriginAL is built to last a lifetime. Offered with a 5 year warranty, The OriginAL comes complete with auto protect voltage for global touring musicians and an adaptive temperature controlled fan for road and studio use.
- Power Output: 300 Watts
- Power Requirement: 115-230 Volts
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x Jack outputs
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance - 1M ohms Input range 150mv to 10v p - p
- Line Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- DI Output: 600 Ohm balanced / Level -20dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohm
- Signal to noise: Better than 80dB (EQ flat)
- EQ: Bass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz
- Effects Send: impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return: impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Weight (kg): 1.8
- Dimensions(HxWxD): 89mm x 222mm x 209mm