10 Feet of Mogami W2524 Miniature #20AWG Diameter Cable for Guitar Effects Pedalboards
Most musical instrument sound pick-ups, for example those in electric guitars, are comprised of high impedance circuits driven mainly by voltage, with very little electrical current flow. That is why handling noise (microphonics) can be a problem for guitar cables. Microphonic noise is caused by the minute voltage generated when a cable is flexed, stepped on, etc. Guitar cables must be designed to prevent this, so a conductive PVC layer is placed under the shield conductor to drain away this voltage. Note: This conductive layer must be stripped back when wiring, or a partial short will result.
- Details: 50/0.12A
- Size(mm²): 0.565mm² (#20AWG)
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 2.7Ø (0.106"")
- Material: PE
- Color: Clear
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 3.3Ø (0.130"")
- Material: Conductive PVC (Carbon PVC)
- Color: Black
- Served-Shield: Approx. 55/0.18A
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 6.0Ø (0.236"")
- Material: PVC
- Color: Black
- Roll Sizes: 100m (328Ft) / 200m (656Ft)
- Weight per 100m (328Ft) roll: 5.1Kg
- ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- DC Resistance at 20°C
- Inner Conductor: 0.033Ω/m(0.010Ω/Ft)
- Shield Conductor: 0.014Ω/m(0.0043Ω/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C: 130pF/m (39.7pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.2µH/m (0.061µH/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noize*: 0.15mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise At 10kHz*: 0.07mV Max.
- Microphonics*: 0.3mV Max
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance: 100000 MΩ × m Min. at DC 500V , 20°C
- Flex Life: 15,000 cyles
- Tensile Strength (26°C, 65%RH): 578 N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20°C‾ +60°C(-4°F‾ +140°F)