Vahlbruch BBQ Buffer Booster eQualizer Guitar Effects Pedal w/ Switchable Bypass
Vahlbruch BBQ pedal - Buffer, Booster, eQualizer
The BBQ combines in an original and 100% analog circuit a high-end Buffer, Booster and eQualizer (= BBQ) in a small pedal format. Let's take a closer look at the three sections of the BBQ:
- The BBQs buffer eliminates impedance matching problems and avoids annoying loss of treble and dynamics that can occur with long cables and effect pedal chains.
- The BBQ is the perfect booster to overdrive an amp's input stage, but it can also help to clear up a crunchy amp (minus booster). The volume can be adjusted over a wide and practical range from -8dB to +16dB.
- The extremely effective equalizer section of the BBQ (+/-15dB for each band) is so versatile that only the user's imagination sets its limits. It allows, among other things, to comfortably match signal levels or balance different instruments better. You can also add an additional sound option or gain stage to your overdrive pedal, e.g. with reduced bass and boosted mids for more punch and clarity. If the BBQ is used after an overdrive pedal, it can of course also act as a volume boost for lead parts or as a dedicated sound shaping tool for your specic drive sound.
By using the internal DIP-switch you can select between an active high-end buffer circuit or true bypass operation. The LED "Buffered Output On" indicates if the buffered bypass mode is activated. These examples are only a small part of possible applications of the BBQ pedal. Especially in complex setups, the BBQ makes full use of its extensive features and fexibility and not only provides a better signal quality, but creates essentially more variability of the complete pedal board. The BBQ can be used in front of the amplifier as well as in effect loops. Its operation is always intuitive and self-explanatory, and the original circuit design delivers high-end audio performance with a signal-to-noise ratio in studio quality.
The Vahlbruch BBQ, a small plug'n'play secret weapon, is handmade with love in Germany. Enjoy!
This pedal is equipped with our unique "MagTraB" switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of "MagTraB" footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! "MagTraB" delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles - many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the "MagTraB" push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in "on" or "bypass" state. To change the state:
Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
Step 2: Hold down on/off "MagTraB" button.
Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
Step 4: Release on/off "MagTraB"" button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- Unique MagTraB switching technology
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Internal switch to select between a true bypass or high-end buffered bypass.
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Current consumption: 40mA
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 250g
- Handmade in Germany