Serpent SB4001 500 Series Stereo Buss Compressor w/ Grind Mode
The SB4001 pushes the limits and sets new standards for the 500 Series Format. Boasting Quad VCA’s, 6 ratio’s, 10 Attack Times, High Pass/Boost/Slope Sidechain Filters, Wet/Dry Blend Control, External (Key) Input, Classic Stepped Release Settings, Classic And Alternate Auto Release, Variable Release Control, as well as “Grind” Mode (a proprietary valve style harmonic drive adding vintage color), the SB4001 is capable of delivering whatever sound you need. Whether Clean, Dirty, Vintage, Subtle, or Crushed, the SB4001 is sure to be one of the most flexible compressors in your arsenal.
All units are made in the USA to an exceptional level of craft and workmanship.
- Made in the City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia, USA.
- Quad VCA’s (For Superior Dynamic Range)
- Electronically Balanced
- True Bypass (Relay Controlled)
- Protection From 48V Phantom Power
- Powder Coated Front Panel For Extra Durability.
- All Hand Made Thru Hole Main Audio Path
- Ratios – 1.5,2,4,6,8,10
- Attack Times (Stepped) – .1,.3,1,3,5,10,15,20,25,30,40,50
- Release Times (Stepped) – .3,.6,1.2, Classic Auto release (A1), Alternate Auto Release (A2)
- Release Times (Variable – Engaged By Last Position On Stepped Switch) – Any Time From .1 Sec to 1.2 Sec
- Sidechain Filters – 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, Boost Mode, Slope Mode
- Wet/Dry Blend (For Parallel Processing)
- “Grind” Mode – Special Valve Style Harmonic Drive Mode, adding vintage color
- External/Key Input – Accepts Balanced or Unbalanced Inputs (inserted before sidechain filters)
- Gain (-6 to +18)
- Premium Grayhill Rotary Switches
- Premium Sealed Pots
- All Machined Aluminum Knobs