Rode NTG5 Supercardioid Shotgun Condenser Microphone Kit w/ Windshield & Pistol Grip
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics, it offers unmatched transparency and a more natural, uncoloured sound. Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response, and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is the imperative. No excuses.
The NTG5 is a boom operator’s dream, weighing a mere 76g and measuring just over 20cm, making it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. It features RF-bias circuitry to ensure reliable performance in adverse environments, with excellent resistance to high humidity, severe cold, damp, and dust. And it comes with a WS10 deluxe windshield, PG2-R pistol grip, and other accessories – the perfect location recording kit.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL
- Acoustic Principle: RF-bias condenser
- Active Electronics: RF-bias demodulation
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid shotgun
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB
- Output Impedance: 25 Ω
- Signal to noise Ratio: 84 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1% THD: 130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)
- Power Requirements: 2 mA @ 48V phantom power
- Sensitivity: -23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
- Dimensions (L x W x H, mm): NTG5: 203 x 19, PG2-R:117 x 60 x 240
- Weight (g): NTG5: 76g, PG2-R: 224g