Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Majesty Guitar, Dargie Green 3, Ebony Fretboard, DiMarzio Pickups, Piezo
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Ball Family Reserve Music Man Majesty in a Dargie Green metallic finish.
John Petrucci and Music Man have been working together for decades at this point. Together they've come up with some of the best and most unique electric guitar designs on the market. The Majesty is one of the best new designs in years - not just for Music Man, but for the entire guitar industry. It borrows many build concepts from previous JP models, but when it comes down to it, this is a totally unique and radically different guitar. You'll notice right off the bat that the body style is new. That seemingly large upper horn isn't just for looks: The top cutaway is almost just as deep as the bottom cutaway, so you can get your thumb over the neck when you're playing in the highest registers. Every detail of this guitar was painstakingly mulled over by Mr. Petrucci and the Music Man design team. Everything decision made was a calculated one that contributes towards the overall functionality of the instrument.
This axe is perfect for the die-hard Petrucci fan or simply anyone who's looking for the best new design geared towards aggressive shred styles of playing. This isn't one of those signature guitars that is designed to do such a specific thing for a specific person that it's not really useful for the average day player. This is a player's instrument through and through. It's a very high-end one, at that. The magnetic and piezo pickups work in tandem with the tonewoods and the overall construction design to create something that looks cool, sounds amazing, and is a breeze to play for hours and hours on end. Good work, Music Man! Even subtle details like the way the pickup selector and piezo selector feel and how quickly they respond was something that Petrucci worked tirelessly with Music Man to get just right. Then there are subtle additions like the push/push knobs on the volume for a gain boost and on the tone knob to give you some alternative pickup options. It's a guitar that has a lot to offer, and yet, it's not at all complicated to operate.
Limited to just 76 pieces worldwide, this BFR Majesty features the Dargie Matte Olive green finish covering the entire body, headstock, and back of the neck. Unique to this model is a "Runway" ebony fretboard, outlined with two strips of white pearl, inlaid across the entire length of the fretboard; one on each side. The omission of the first position Majesty inlay and position fret markers gives this guitar a very streamlined aesthetic. The electronics package includes the newly designed Dreamcatcher (bridge) and Rainmaker (neck) pickups. Each instrument is autographed by John Petrucci, including a numbered certificate of authenticity and hardshell case.
Dargie Green 3 matte finish
Dargie Green 3 matte finish covering the entire body, headstock, and back of the neck.
RUNWAY EBONY FINGERBOARD
Streamlined fretboard with two strips of pearl inlays replaces the traditional Majesty shield position markers.
AUTOGRAPHED BY JOHN PETRUCCI
Each guitar is hand signed by John Petrucci.
- Description: Majesty BFR 2019 - Dargie 3
- Instrument: Guitar
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Basswood and mahogany through neck
- Body Color: Dargie 3
- Top Color Dargie: 3
- Body Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Color: Dargie 3
- Neck Finish: Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
- Neck Buffed: No
- Headstock Buffed: No
- Fingerboard Buffed: No
- Fingerboard Finish: Oil/Wax
- Headstock Color: Color Matches Body
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile
- Fret Size (Height x Width): .051 x .108
- Fret Material: Stainless Steel
- Fret Markers: Inlay Strips
- Nut Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut
- Neck Width at last Fret: 2-1/4" (57.2 mm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.735 inches
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.805 inches
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration: 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Pickups: DiMarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker Humbuckers + Piezo
- Tuning Machine type: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Tuning Machine Buttons: Black
- Bridge type: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Pickup Color: Black
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)
- Serial #: M08370
- Instrument Weight: 6.9 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This BFR Majesty is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.