MOTU Track16 16x14 Desktop Studio Bus-Powered FireWire USB Interface w/ MIDI (Open Box)
- Converters 24-bit
- Sample rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- 2 x XLR mic inputs
- 2 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced)
- 1 x 1/8" stereo "mini" line inputs (unbalanced)
- 2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar inputs
- 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS main out
- 2 x 1/4" unbalanced TRS line out
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- 1 x 1/8" stereo headphone
- 8-channel ADAT optical at 1x sample rates
- 4-channel SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- 2-channel TOSlink (optical S/PDIF) up to 96 kHz
- Computer I/O 1 x FireWire 400 (Type B connector)
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Sync in/out SMPTE time code (LTC)
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone
- 1 x 1/8" stereo phone
- Individual +48V
- 2 x 7-segment ladder LEDs • main outs
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs • mic in or line 3-4 in
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs • guitar in or phones
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs • line in 1-2 or line out
- 2 x LEDs • 48V phantom power
- 2 x LEDs • -20 dB pad
- 5 x backlit switches • input select
- 3 x backlit switches • output select
- 1 x backlit switch • meters toggle
- 1 x backlit switch • power
- 9-18V DC, 5W, tip + or -
- FireWire bus power
- DC power adapter included, required for stand-alone and USB 2.0 operation (except with FireWire bus power)
MOTU Track16 - 16x14 Desktop Studio FireWire and USB 2.0 Interface
Simple, elegant and professional
Make world-class recordings with style and ease
Simple operation. Clean design. Studio-grade sound quality. Track16 exhibits these design principles through and through.
And don't let its compact size deceive you. There's plenty of I/O available for a well-equipped personal studio, ready for
multi-player recording sessions. Track16's pristine mic preamps, balanced line-level audio connections, and renowned
MOTU engineering deliver world-class audio quality.
An astonishing array of inputs and outputs
Record two mics, two guitars, a keyboard, a sound module,
and eight optical channels simultaneously
How can such a compact unit offer 16 channels of input and 14 channels of output, simultaneously,
with mixing? The short answer: Track16 truly is an engineering achievement, packing the same quantity and quality of audio channels as other interfaces that cost hundreds more.
You always know your levels — at a glance
Track16 sets the bar high for detailed metering in such a compact interface. You get dedicated 7-segment main out meters, and configurable meters for all other analog inputs and outputs. Just press the METERS button to toggle between the blue and white labels. It's easy to monitor your signal levels at a glance with Track16.
Set your creative mind free
Simply press the button for the input or output you wish to control, and turn the knob.
It's that simple.
No fiddling with tiny displays. No guesswork.
Just creative flow.
Designed for the studio and stage
Often, we are called upon to work in studio or stage environments where the lighting conditions are not optimal. Track16's buttons are backlit with multi-color LEDs to facilitate operation just about anywhere. From the factory, the buttons glow amber (orange), except for the currently selected channel, which glows bright green. Or, you can choose from six other color schemes, in various combinations of green, red and amber.
Studio grade sound
Your sound will be ready for prime time
Track16 has been engineered with MOTU’s renowned, award-winning audio interface technology. The result is the pristine audio quality and rock-solid performance that MOTU interfaces are known for worldwide. You can always record and mix with confidence, knowing that decades of engineering experience are behind you, every step of the way.
Hybrid technology connects to any computer
Thanks to MOTU’s Hybrid interface technology, Track16 connects to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed
USB 2.0. Connect your mic, guitar, keyboard, and digital input, and you are ready to make pro-quality recordings.
High-speed USB 2.0
High bandwidth and low latency
Track16 can record and play all channels simultaneously, and high-speed USB 2.0 provides plenty of bandwidth, even at 192 kHz.
No power supply needed
Track16 can draw power from its FireWire connection to the computer, so you can operate remotely on laptop battery power.
Support for Mac OS X and Windows
Run all your favorite audio apps
Track16 provides time-tested drivers for Mac OS X and Windows (8, 7 and Vista) for cross-platform compatibility with virtually all audio software via WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio drivers.
Solid metal chassis
MOTU interfaces are built to last, and last, and last…
Track16's aluminum alloy chassis is lightweight, yet incredibly sturdy and durable, and designed to withstand the rigors of the studio, stage, and tour bus. In a world awash with cheap plastic, the cool feeling of Track16's metal exterior in your hands is a reassuring reminder that you are holding quality engineering and construction.