Heil Sound PR22 Noise Rejection Dynamic Microphone
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Rear Rejection @ 180 degrees off axis: -30 dB
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output Level: -55 dB @ 1 kHz
- Weight: 14 oz
- Max SPL: 145 dB
The HEIL PR 22 microphone is a revolutionary dynamic cardioid microphone incorporating a large (1.125”) diaphragm, patent pending ISO BAND™ isolation mounting that offers greater articulation throughout its entire wide, flat, frequency range with very low handling noise. Additionally, noise directed at the rear of the mic is virtually eliminated through a combination of special porting & phasing plug design. This is a sound professional’s dream, come true.
Best-in-class rear noise rejection means you’ll get more sound out of the PR 22 before feedback occurs. The PR 22 microphone has exceptional mids and highs, but not at the expense of sacrificing any of its frequency range. The PR 22 is an extraordinarily “stage-friendly” mic that can take a full-on snare hit & deliver the richest sounding snare with no overload, and no compromise. When using a pair of PR 22’s on a snare (one top-mount & one below), they produce what some say is the best snare sound available at any cost, with little or no EQ.
The PR 22 is able to deliver rich vocals, warm & accurate guitar, crisp snare drums with depth, stellar piano, shimmering cymbals, and more, to the board like never before. Whether you’re recording with the PR 22 in the studio, or using it for live application, your ears will tell you it is a cut above all the “legacy microphones”.
With the PR 22 you get a leatherette carrying bag, a mic clip and three acoustically identical metal screens (Black, Silver and Gold).
Heil Sound, Ltd. warrants all microphones to the original purchaser for a period of three years (parts) and ninety days (labor) from the date of purchase.
- Generating Element: dynamic with strong Neodymium magnet assembly
- Exclusive HEIL Sorbothane isolation system
- Diaphragm: large 1-1/8" Low mass aluminum
- Polar Pattern: cardiod, uniform front to back discrimination
- Finish: matte black3 mesh grills: gold, stainless and black
- Leatherette carrying case with foam windscreen and mic clip