Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Acoustic Guitar, Black Walnut Fretboard, Frontier Stain
Faithful to the Gretsch® “Rex” parlor guitars of the 1930s, ‘40s and ‘50s, the G9500 Jim Dandy™ Flat Top parlor-style model embodies everything that was great about everyone’s first guitar.
Everything and then some that is, because the G9500 is crafted with select guitar woods and is fully lined and braced for warm and pleasing tone, with a 24” scale for endless hours of playing comfort.
Perfect for both picked and fingerstyle playing, the Jim Dandy features a non-cutaway basswood body with X-bracing for a powerful and resonant voice, and a top-load walnut bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle for even intonation along the length of the neck. Joining the body at the 12th fret, the “C”-shape nato neck hosts a comfortable, smooth-playing walnut fingerboard with vintage-style frets and pearloid dot inlays.
Wrapped in a classic 2-Color Sunburst finish, the G9500 also has 1950s-style vintage open-gear die-cast tuning machines, nickel hardware and single-ply white pickguard featuring a “G” graphic.
Ideal for songwriting, practice or even as a travel guitar, this little wonder is great for beginners or seasoned pros alike. Comfortable to play, and full of woody vintage tone with full-sounding bass, the Jim Dandy will inspire hours of playing joy.
- Basswood body with X-bracing
- 12th fret, 24”-scale nato set neck
- Vintage-style 18 frets
- Synthetic bone nut
- Walnut fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Top-load walnut bridge with compensated saddle
- Single-ply aged white pickguard with “G” graphic
- 1950s-style vintage open-gear die-cast tuningmachines and vintage end-pin strap buttons
- Model Number: 2704000579
- Series: Roots Collection
- Color: Frontier Stain
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Acoustic Guitars
- Cutaway: Non Cutaway
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Body Shape: Jim Dandy™
- Body Material: Sapele
- Bracing: X-Bracing
- Rosette: White/Black Rings
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Body Back: Sapele
- Body Sides: Sapele
- Body Top: Sapele
- Body Depth: 3.75" (95 mm)
- Body Length: 17.875" (454 mm)
- Neck Material: Nato
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Black Walnut
- Number of Frets: 18 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Headstock: 1950's Gretsch® 3x3
- Headstock Binding: None
- Bridge: Walnut Top-Load with Compensated Saddle
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Traditional Acoustic Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Open-Gear Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Aged White with Black "G"
- Controls: NA
- Strings: D'Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Vintage End-Pin
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Gretsch. This G9500 Jim Dandy is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.