Gretsch G6609TG Players Edition Broadkaster Center Block Double-Cut Guitar w/ String-Thru Bigsby and Gold Hardware, USA Full'Tron Pickups, Cadillac Green
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Gretsch Players Edition Broadkaster! A classic look and mostly vintage sound, but with a touch of modernity that will be appreciated by anybody looking to play this with some distortion on it.
The Full'Tron pickups on this faithful recreation of a vintage Broadkaster are overwound and offer a bit of a bump in the midrange presence of the guitar. This really helps out whether you're just looking to lightly overdrive your amp, or you want heavy and lush saturation. When playing clean, the Broadkaster definitely leans towards the vintage sounds of yesteryear and has a very sweet and rich natural sound, which of course, can be further manipulated with playing technique and tone controls.
The neck definitely gives you a solid piece of wood to hold onto with its U-shaped neck. It's still super fast to navigate and playing up and down the neck is a breeze. It tapers really nicely so that, whether you're playing chords down in the first or open position or ripping lead lines up high on the neck, your left hand won't get fatigued even through long nights in the studio, ripping it up on the big stage, or jamming with your buddies.
Gretsch’s time-honored “Broadkaster” name now adorns the flagship guitars of its center block lineup, crafted for full-spectrum sound at high volume with powerful new pickups and a chambered spruce center block that enhances body resonance for more organic tone and comfortably lighter weight.
Built to perform, the G6609TG Players Edition Broadkaster® Center Block Double-Cut with String-Thru Bigsby® and Gold Hardware features a double-cutaway body in handsome Cadillac Green and Vintage White finishes, both with gleaming gold hardware. These models feature the all-new U.S.-made Full’Tron™ pickups that deliver full-spectrum sonic range with distinctive snarl, in addition to classic Gretsch chime, balance and brilliance with slightly more pronounced mid concentration that brings even more tonal muscle to full-volume playing with overdrive and distortion.
- Model Number: 2401900846
- Series: Professional Collection
- Family: BroadKaster®
- Platform: BroadKaster®
- Color: Cadillac Green
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Center Block
- Cutaway: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Broadkaster®
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: Center Block
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Neck Plate: NA
- Bridge Pickup: Full'Tron™
- Middle Pickup: N/A
- Neck Pickup: Full'Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: N/A
- Pickup Configuration: Full'Tron / Full'Tron
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B7GP String-Thru
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Pickguard: Tortoise with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Schaller® Locking
- Included Accessories: Includes G6267 Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs
- Serial #: JT21052224
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Gretsch. This G6609TG is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.