Galaxy Audio HS7 Hot Spot 7 Compact Vocal Personal PA Monitor Black Speaker (Open Box)
- Speaker Compliment: Two 5" drivers (S5N-8) NEOLITE Neodymium, Ferro Fluid cooled
- Nominal impedance: 16 ohms
- Power handling capacity: 200 watts cont.
- Magnet Structure: 14.8 oz. (0.42 kg) total
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 94 dB (1 kHz octave band)
- Frequency Response: 150 Hz- 18 kHz
- Input Connections: Two Twist Lock/1/4" combo jacks POS: +1 NEG: -1 wired in parallel
- Additional Feature: volume control; range 18 dB
- Enclosure Materials: High Impact ABS Plastic
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7.75" x 11.75" x 6.75" (197mm x 298mm x 171mm)
- Net weight: 5.25 lbs. (2.381 kg)
- Shipping weight: 6.4 lbs. (2.903 kg)
There is an all new design of the Hot Spot for 2010. The Hot Spot has evolved over the past 3 decades. Our biggest change, up until now, has been improving our ceramic “old style” driver to our Neodymium “new style” driver. We have improved our latest generation of Hot Spots even more. Our new HS7 utilizes the same neodymium driver as its most recent predecessor, with one significant improvement, there is more bass output. We have developed an all new outer shell design. The new shell is slightly larger with many cool new ‘built-ins’ such as, built in mic stand mount, mic boom attachment, integrated handle and built in stand/wall bracket mounts (optional bracket). Being that there is more room inside the cabinet, this creates better bass response.
The HOT SPOT is a vocal reproduction monitor. The HOT SPOT monitor was developed in 1977 by Galaxy's founder while touring with musicians. The need for a vocal monitor became necessary and thus the HOT SPOT was born.
The HOT SPOT works great for numerous reasons. First, the HOT SPOT can be set on a microphone stand, which allow them to be positioned closer to the user. Think about it, many performers purchase a 12" or 15" floor monitor and during the performance, roll off the low end and crank up the volume so the sound will travel from the floor to their ears. The HOT SPOT is mid range oriented and it is closer to the performer, so there will be less stage volume, which reduces feedback. Second, the HOT SPOT is physically smaller and lighter in weight, which makes it easier for transport, plus the clarity is superior to any larger floor monitor.
Galaxy Audio has produced hundreds of thousands of HOT SPOTS. HOT SPOTS work great for nearly any type of music or speech applications. Using Hot Spots will actually help reduce feedback from occurring on stage!
- The new design of the HS7 includes the convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit. This
- allows a quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the HS7 angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring.
- The included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand.
- Molded-in yoke bracket points. With the optional yoke bracket assembly the HS7 can be mounted to
- a wall or ceiling, or attached to a mic stand.
- Microphone boom attachment on top of the HS7 eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your
- microphone. (Requires optional hardware).
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure.
- Each Hot Spot 7 comes equipped with two Twist-lock 1/4" Combo speaker jacks, all of which are wired in parallel to allow easy "daisy chaining' of multiple Hot Spots.