Fender MonoNeon Jazz Bass V 5-String, Roasted Maple, Neon Yellow (Open Box)
Avante-garde soul and funk player MonoNeon epitomizes coolness in the bass world of today, and his new signature Fender Jazz V follows suit perfectly - this has got to be one of the coolest Fender basses we've gotten in in a long time. Immediately upon feasting your eyes on this beast, the loud and funky Neon Yellow finish sticks out in the best way, and the "traffic cone" orange-painted pickguard, matching orange headstock, and gold hardware on the extravagantly-adorned roasted maple neck with pearl inlays only adds to the unique charm. The roasted maple neck isn't just for show, either - the feel of it is just amazing especially when cranking out steady rhythms and grooves on the lower strings, and really helps to make the 5-string neck width feel comfortable for 4-string players. The stability of the neck also helps keep the low B string tight despite it being a standard 34" scale length as well.
This bass's unique specification doesn't end there, though - custom-wound Fireball™ pickups deliver fat, punchy tone inherently, while the active preamp with 3-band EQ and a variety of tone-shaping controls and a passive/active switch helps the bass adapt to any style of music, truly making this bass a jack of all trades.
For a bass that both warrants the reaction of "you don't see that every day" whilst remaining a true studio and live workhorse, the MonoNeon signature Jazz V should definitely be a contender for your next addition.
The Neon Yellow finish and orange pickguard recreates MonoNeon’s brand colors in a sumptuous satin urethane finish. The custom Fireball™ 5-String Bass Humbucking pickups are voiced to MonoNeon’s discerning taste and deliver the crisp highs, growling mids and focused lows for stage or studio. Designed for versatile tone, the 18v active preamp with 3-band EQ delivers sweet highs, focused mids and powerful bass. Beautiful contemporary gold hardware makes a dramatic statement on stage or at home while the Fender HiMass bridge provides rock-solid sustain and intonation. The 22-fret one-piece roasted maple neck features a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard and elegant white pearl block inlays. The Fender HiMass™ string-through/top-load bridge provides increased resonance and sustain, and the gold hardware adds to the distinctive look of this stunning bass. Also Included are a MonoNeon sticker pack and custom headstock sock.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Color: Neon Yellow
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearl Block
- Side Dots: White
- Truss Rod: Single Action, Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge: 5-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Hardware Finish: Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White, Painted in High Visibility Orange
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage style with Custom MonoNeon Art
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Fireball™ 5-string Bass Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Custom Fireball™ 5-string Bass Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut,
- Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: Pan Pot
- Configuration: HH
- Special Electronics: 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Auxillary Switching: Active/Passive Toggle Switch
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.125 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 10.4 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This MonoNeon Jazz V is missing its original box and has minor cosmetic blemishes near the tuners.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.