Fender American Vintage II 1966 Left-Hand Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fretboard, Sea Foam Green
As proud Fender dealers, we're stoked to present this left-handed 1966 Precision Bass reissue in a wavy Seafoam Green from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and basses and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
This bass looks awesome - Seafoam Green is one of our favorite Fender colors here at the shop, and it looks absolutely exquisite with a matching headstock and tortoise pickguard against the bound round-lam rosewood fingerboard. This is definitely one of the most exclusive, "Custom Shop"-looking models in the American Vintage II line.
The 1966 "U" neck shape makes laying down the funkiest of grooves easy, and the 7.25" vintage radius remains a comfortable configuration since its inception, and the Pure Vintage '66 pickups are are warm, full, and nicely balanced in the low mids. This bass both plays and sounds simply fantastic.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass® was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster®. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U” shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass® is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, matching painted headstock and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop” tuners and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
- Orientation: Left-Hand
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Sea Foam Green, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Headstock: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 ""U""
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"" (38.1 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass with Threaded Steel ""Barrel"" Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style ""Lollipop""
- String Treesp: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with ""F"" Logo
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Case: Hardshell
- Series: American Vintage II
- Country Of Origin: US
Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbsSerial #: V2214819
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Vintage II 1966 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. The photos are of the exact bass you will receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.