Fender American Professional II Jazzmaster Guitar, Maple Fretboard, Miami Blue
The American Professional II Jazzmaster® draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep "C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazzmaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the sparkle and chime the Jazzmaster is known for. The bridge pickup has a tap function that allows both a powerful, throaty sound or a lower-output vintage sound. At the flip of a switch, the rhythm circuit puts both pickups in series for a thicker tone with increased output, controlled by independent volume and tone roller pots. The new Panorama™ Tremolo system with pop-in tremolo arm dramatically increases the range of vibrato available, allowing for deep, Strat-style dives, in addition to classic Jazzmaster warble.
The American Pro II Jazzmaster delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Jazzmaster pickups
- Panorama™ Jazzmaster tremolo with pop-in arm and bridge with brass Mustang saddles
- Deep "C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
- Series Mode Rhythm Circuit
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
V-MOD II PICKUPS
V-Mod II Jazzmaster pickups are voiced specifically for each position, slightly overwound for punch and presence, yet retaining vintage warmth and clarity. Activated by a push/push switch, the bridge pickup can be tapped for a sparkly, vintage-accurate tone.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
BRASS MUSTANG SADDLES & PANORAMA™ TREMOLO
Engineered for ultra-stable performance, the American Professional II Jazzmaster bridge/trem features brass Mustang® saddles and a pop-in arm. The new saddles keep the strings where they belong, even when the bridge is pummeled, while the new Panorama™ tremolo dramatically increases the range of vibrato available, allowing for deep, Strat-style dives in addition to classic Jazzmaster warble.
“DEEP C” NECK PROFILE WITH ROLLED FINGERBOARD EDGES
Delivering both comfort and speed, the American Professional II “Deep C” neck profile is slim at the nut and fills out gradually as it approaches the neck joint to create a natural feel that’s perfect for chording and single note playing alike. The hand-rolled fingerboard edges and Super-Natural satin finish provide a supremely comfortable feel.
SERIES MODE RHYTHM CIRCUIT
At the flip of a switch, the rhythm circuit puts both pickups in series for a thicker tone with increased output, controlled by independent volume and tone roller pots.
Narrow-tall frets deliver a vintage feel with modern playability, especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Thumbwheel Volume and Tone Controls for Series Rhythm Mode
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Push/Push on tone control taps bridge pickup for vintage tone
- Bridge: 9.5” Radius Jazzmaster®/Jaguar® Bridge with Panorama™ Tremolo System
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This American Professional II is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.