ESP USA Eclipse FR Guitar, Ebony Fretboard, Sentient & Pegasus, Dark Green Sunburst
It's always a treat to get a beautiful USA-made ESP into the shop. Built in ESP's USA factory right here in California, these instruments are top-of-the-line instruments on par with their renowned, artisan-made Japanese Custom Shop guitars. This stunning Eclipse FR in a Dark Green Sunburst finish over a flame maple top fully lives up to our expectation and more!
You can experience how simply incredible this axe is before you even plug it in. Just like your favorite vintage 24.75" singlecut guitar, the neck and body resonate and sustain for days. The neck profile is very comfortable and just thick enough in all the right places, blending the best of vintage specification with ESP's contemporary design mentality. If you're a big bender, you're going to love the way this guitar plays. All kinds of legato can be pulled off with minimal effort and expressive vibrato is always at your fingertips. Speaking of legato, this guitar is equipped with the best tremolo in the game - the Floyd Rose Original bridge is renowned for a reason. This legendary double-locking tremolo is ready for all the dive bomb and pitch-bending acrobatics you can throw at it.
This guitar features Seymour Duncan Sentient & Pegasus pickups. These pickups are contemporary through and through, and were Seymour's attempt to create a passive pickup that had the articulation and output required for progressive rock & metal. And suffice to say, he succeeded. The Sentient is low output similar to the '59 and Jazz Duncan pickups, and sound fantastically clean but the low-end tightness is optimized for drop tunings and high gain. The Pegasus, being Alnico V, has all the shimmer and sparkle of an alnico pickup but with the clarity for high-gain chug. Both sound great in this guitar!
Combined with the Floyd Rose and the flashy finish, this is the ultimate rocker's axe!
Crafted at our ESP USA facility in Southern California, the USA Eclipse Floyd Rose adds a crucial expressive performance tool to the classic single-cutaway guitar shape that’s helped power rock music for decades. The double-locking Floyd Rose Original bridge can handle anything from subtle tremolo performances to the most outrageous dive bombs. The USA Eclipse Floyd Rose offers a full thickness (60mm / 2 3/8”), strategically chambered mahogany body for weight relief, with optional flamed maple and quilted maple tops and a wide variety of gloss and satin translucent finishes to allow the figured wood grain to be highlighted (and plain maple caps for solid color finishes). These guitars offer smooth set-thru construction at classic 24.75” scale, with a three-piece thin U-shaped three-piece mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard with 22 extra-jumbo Jescar stainless steel frets and mother-of-pearl split-flag inlays. In addition to the Floyd Rose Original bridge, we chose the very best components available for this USA Eclipse model, including Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners and Dunlop Straploks. Pickups for the USA Eclipse Floyd Rose include a variety of world-class Seymour Duncan (passive) and EMG (active) models, with a push-pull coil split control on the tone knob for passive pickup models. The USA Eclipse Floyd Rose includes a high-quality ESP USA form-fitting hard shell case.
- Graphite Neck Reinforcement Bars: Get maximum strength and stability from your guitar’s neck, with higher long-term reliability. All ESP USA models are made with two high-strength bars of carbon fiber.
- Weight Relief Chambering: The ESP USA Eclipse offers a traditional full-thickness body but is strategically chambered so the weight of the guitar remains comfortable and noticeably lighter than most classic single-cut body style guitars.
- Full Thickness Carved Top w/ Natural Masked Binding: Over a half-inch of beautifully figured open-grain mahogany is carved to our ESP USA Eclipse contours, allowing for the natural masked binding to highlight the exquisite top.
- Model: USA Eclipse FR
- Color: Dark Green Sunburst
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Flame Maple
- Back Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Binding: Creme
- Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 JESCAR FW57110 XJ Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Flags
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany
- Profile: Thin U
- Nut: Locking
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Headstock: Matching
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Sentient & Pegasus
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone (push/pull for coil split)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Locking
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Case: ESP USA Eclipse Form Fit Hardshell
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL SUP LITE (.009 - .042)
- Made In North Hollywood, CA
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs.
- Serial #: US22285
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for ESP. This USA Eclipse FR is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.