CAD Audio E60 Equitek Series Cardioid Condenser Microphone W/ Hi-Pass Filter
The e60 is equipped with a standard 5/8x27 threaded swivel adaptor which fits most microphone stands. Adaptors are widely
available in order to make the e60 fit smaller thread mic stands. The e60 is designed specifically for use as an instrument
microphone for overheads, hi-hats and pianos. The e60 is great for virtually all acoustic, wind, and amplified instruments. One
of the most popular uses for the e60 is in miking drum sets, ideally in an overhead type configuration. The e60 also excels at
miking stringed instruments such as acoustic guitars. The e60 has a four position roll-off which allows for extended “tuning”
of the frequency response at the microphone for your particular application. (See the frequency response chart for more details).
The e60 is also equipped with a -10dB pad switch to reduce the output level of the microphone by 10dB accordingly. If your
board is “clipping” or distorting when using the e60, try switching the pad switch to the -10dB position. Alternatively, if
your are not getting enough signal from the microphone, switch the pad switch to the 0dB position.
The e60 microphone uses a true condenser microphone element. As with any studio condenser microphone, special care should be taken to keep the microphone clean and dry. It is highly recommended the e60 be stored in its included vinyl pouch in a cool,
dry environment to ensure long life of the capsule when not in use. If the e60 is used in a vocal application, it is very
important to use a fabric “pop” filter such as a CAD EPF-15A positioned between the user and the microphone. Pop filters do
not adversely effect the performance of the microphone in any way.
- The Equitek e60 from CAD is an externally biased cardioid condenser microphone.
- The Equitek e60 incorporates a number of unique features including:
- 16mm, 24k Gold sputtered externally biased condenser capsule.
- 10dB non-capacitive pad
- 4 position hi-pass filter - flat, 40Hz, 85Hz, and 122Hz
- CAD's proprietary discrete linear power supply for efficient low noise and linear power
- Type: Front Address, Externally Biased Condenser.
- Frequency Response: 30-20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity: -41 dBV (8.9mV) @ 1Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 22 dB Equivalent SPL, A weighted.
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB SPL (with pad on), 1% THD, 1KHz
- Powering: P24, P48, 6mA
- Connector: Three pin male XLR type.
- Finish: Durable black “leather feel” urethane.
- Net Weight: 11.5oz. (326 grams).