Austrian Audio Hi-X15 Closed-Back Circumaural (Over-Ear) Headphones
The Hi-X15 closed-back headphones are the workhorse of the award-winning Austrian Audio Hi-X series, bringing the crystal-clear and precise listening experience of High Excursion technology to everyday use at an unbeatable price. They’re perfect for studio, stage, rehearsal room, on tour, or practicing at home.
Reach for Hi-X15 headphones when you need reliable sound and know things might get a little rough. Their sophisticated folding design, rare in this price range, means they’re easy to store and carry, and their durable all-metal hinge and bow mean they’re extremely robust. The closed construction and good insulation of the Hi-X15 headphones open up many areas of application. They show their strengths convincingly during studio recording sessions, as a monitor on stage, and as a reliable companion in the rehearsal room. And the Hi-X15 won’t leave your side when you’re enjoying music at home, writing the next hit in your project studio, mastering your new keyboard, or going on tour.
High Excursion Technology Professional Headphones
Hi-Xcursion (High Excursion) technology is the key to the astonishing sound of our Hi-X15 headphones.
All Austrian Audio Hi-X headphones feature a 44 mm driver and a ring magnet system. This design allows for improved airflow and includes the strongest magnetic field in its class.
The ring magnet, combined with a copper-clad aluminum voice coil, reduces the weight of the membrane and the voice coil connected to it, allowing the membrane to move or change direction faster, providing a more responsive impulse reaction.
Our science, measurements, and listening tests have shown that 44mm is the optimum size for this design. It ensures professional performance in the Hi-X, moves a lot of air, and eliminates ‘wobbling’ of the diaphragm. This is akin to damping of the driver mass, which is where our membrane really shows results: it is ultra-stiff while still reducing unwanted resonance.
- High Excursion Driver Technology
- Outstanding low THD @ low frequencies
- Detachable Cable
- 1.4m. For replaceability, compact portability and safety from damage.
- Furnished with 3.5mm (1/8 inch) to 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter
- Pro or on-the-go
- All metal hinges for maximum durability
- Ensuring maximum durability and stability
- Foldable construction
- For maximum portability and easy storage
- Soft slow retention memory foam earpads
- Providing greatest comfort during long sessions
- Frequency range: 12 Hz – 24 kHz
- Sensitivity:: 113 dBspl/V
- Impedance: 25 Ω
- Input Power: 150 mW
- Cable (detachable): 1.4 m
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8”)
- Dimensions: 250 x 170 x 80 mm
- Weight (without cable): 255 g